Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Supporting a company that use them
My Carrier: vodafone

Migration help required

Hello. I am a total novice.

I have replaced a clients Dieing server and I grabbed a backup of the config database from SQL management.

I followed a guide to install the software and then over wrote the DB with the backup useing MS SQL Management.

Now the backup was taken from the running SQL2005 install and the new install was SQL2008. That allowed?

I re-ran the install to "up grade" the DB to the current version but at the end the stopped services did not restart.

So I uninstalled the application but left the DB/SQL installed. Then reinstalled pointing BESEx at the existing DB. Install worked with no errors popping up.

However BBs are not getting any email and I cannot log on to the web console with the username and password I installed the software as Besadmin. 

The only error I can find in the BAS-AS log is:

[quote]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.inactive] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.inactive] The transaction is not active!
at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.TransactionImple.commitAndDisassociate(TransactionImple.java:1396)
at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.transaction.arjunacore.BaseTransaction.commit(BaseTransaction.java:134)
at com.arjuna.ats.jbossatx.BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.commit(BaseTransactionManagerDelegate.java:87)
at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.MessageInflowLocalProxy.endTransaction(MessageInflowLocalProxy.java:479)
at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.MessageInflowLocalProxy.delivery(MessageInflowLocalProxy.java:336)
at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.MessageInflowLocalProxy.invoke(MessageInflowLocalProxy.java:170)
at $Proxy592.onMessage(Unknown Source)
at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSession.onMessage(JmsServerSession.java:179)
at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClientConsumer.callOnMessageStatic(ClientConsumer.java:160)
at org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect.handleRun(SessionAspect.java:831)
at org.jboss.aop.advice.org.jboss.jms.client.container.SessionAspect14.invoke(SessionAspect14.java)
at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientSessionDelegate$run_N8003352271541955702.invokeNext(ClientSessionDelegate$run_N8003352271541955702.java)
at org.jboss.jms.client.container.ClosedInterceptor.invoke(ClosedInterceptor.java:172)
at org.jboss.aop.advice.PerInstanceInterceptor.invoke(PerInstanceInterceptor.java:105)
at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientSessionDelegate$run_N8003352271541955702.invokeNext(ClientSessionDelegate$run_N8003352271541955702.java)
at org.jboss.jms.client.delegate.ClientSessionDelegate.run(ClientSessionDelegate.java)
at org.jboss.jms.client.JBossSession.run(JBossSession.java:199)
at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsServerSession.run(JmsServerSession.java:239)
at org.jboss.resource.work.WorkWrapper.execute(WorkWrapper.java:213)
at org.jboss.util.threadpool.BasicTaskWrapper.run(BasicTaskWrapper.java:275)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:756)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[/quote]

Java wasonly installed as part of BES

Server is 2012 and exchange, on the same server is 2010. 

If I have to nuke it all and start afreesh and set up the BBs to talk to an all new install so be it.

New Contributor

Re: Migration help required

[ Edited ]

Hold that thought I have loged in to web console in the non AD intergrated mannor I used the old admins password Same password should have thought.

I Can see my users and I have perfomed the steps to move them to the new BBes server. I can't see a link that changes the "meseging server" value for the users.

Thanks in advance.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Did you install MAPI with BESAdmin account?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Probably not. Think that was done with my exchange admin account. Will gthat matter?

New Contributor

I have just recived this email ( I sent mail a test to the BBs from the console) 

"Yes!!! I didn’t get your email from BB but the others are getting mail!"

Thanks for the replies and Thanks BB for the support articals.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Jef_Uk wrote:

Probably not. Think that was done with my exchange admin account. Will gthat matter?

Yes it could matter

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

It seems to be working now, once I figguered out that the last system had had a BalckBerry admin account and I could use that rather than ad intergrated web console logon I was able to compleet the install/configuratuion.

I found a nother issue similar on the forum and though I'll give it a try.