Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

Migration of BES Express during SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 Migration

Hi there, I've been asked to help out with a migration of SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 including moving the BES Express server from the old to the new server. Old BES is 5.0.3 as is new BES. Mailboxes had already been moved to the new server when I arrived. The problem: iemstest on the new server returns: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Vers ion 1.0 Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved. OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d) What's worse, is that now iemstest on the original BES server also returns the same. handheldcleanup.exe -u returns: Attempting MAPILogon.... MAPILogon Success. OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d) I have run and re-run the perms checks, throttling policy and Exchange rolls, checked for the 001e6602 MAPI profile key, moved the BESAdmin account back to Exchange 2003. All the same. Windows event logs indicate BES is aware of the mailbox moves but only through a warning with the 8004011d openmsgstore error. Oh yes, and also in the event log are a few 10277 errors: BlackBerry Messaging Agent besserver Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305 That took me here: KB01018 but it didn't help. I apologize in advance if this seems a little disjointed. It's late. Smiley Happy Thanks in advance for any insight.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Migration of BES Express during SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 Migration

Wht version exchange is new SBS server?

It might be 2010, if thats the case the following should get you going for the old BES.

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

Then once running you can get a new BES to install on sbs 2011 and use transporter to move users over.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: none
My Carrier: none

Thanks, knottyrope. I found the same article this morning with semi-awake eyes. It got me going in the right direction. Since we were decommissioning the old SBS box, I just accelerated the plans and pulled Exchange off. Doing that allowed me to install updated MAPI/CDO and it all came to life. Thanks again. J.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your welcome.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V