Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Move Database from SQL 2005 - 2008 / Enterprise 5.0.3 Express

Was looking for a litte advise on this.  I was trying to move my database from one server to another today and ran into some issues.  I was forced to revert  to image backups of my server.  I followed the steps in the following article--

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18129

My DBA's backed up my database, I followed the steps and created a new database with the

createdb.exe them my DBA's restored the old DB to the new DB.  Only thing we changed was the name of the DB because the previous one was in a test environment.  Following the article steps I ran the setup program and put all the appropriate information in and when it was all said and done, the BlackBerry Dispatcher would not start.

My question is this.  Is there a better way to point the blackberry server too the same database on a different server without having to use the setup program. (I.E registry settings. Which I did try) Your basically having the re-install the entire product which is frustrating to say the least.  It seems as if there should be a better way.  I don't remember moving DB's in 4.0 being like this.

I already know about KB03112

Appreciate any thoughts,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Move Database from SQL 2005 - 2008 / Enterprise 5.0.3 Express

I hear this works but is unsupoorted by RIM.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> SOFTWARE
>>RESEARCH IN MOTION
>>>BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER
>>>>DATABASE
=====DatabaseServerMachineName:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
> SOFTWARE
>>Wow6432Node
>>RESEARCH IN MOTION
>>>BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER
>>>>DATABASE

HKEY_USERS:
>S-1-5-21-1600150946-976098915-2076119496-17392
>> SOFTWARE
>>>RESEARCH IN MOTION
>>>>BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER
>>>>>DATABASE

HKEY_USERS:
>S-1-5-21-1600150946-976098915-2076119496-500
>> SOFTWARE
>>>RESEARCH IN MOTION
>>>>BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER
>>>>>DATABASE

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V