Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Moving User and System mailbox Exch 2003 - 2007

Hi All

I have a BESX box running on a seperate 2003R2. Currently the Exchange resides on a SBS2003 box. I have just compleated the offline build of a SBS 2008 box (Exch 2007). I wish to commission the new SBS and 2007 Exchange, but have read conficting reports on the loss of hidden BB information from users mailboxes, and the BESadmin account.

What is the best way to preserve this in the mailbox move ? I was planning to use EXmerge to a .pst and then import via Outlok, will this retain the hidden BB data.

I am aware of the MAPI upgraded required on the BESX box.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Moving User and System mailbox Exch 2003 - 2007

[ Edited ]

g3uiss wrote:

Hi All

I have a BESX box running on a seperate 2003R2. Currently the Exchange resides on a SBS2003 box. I have just compleated the offline build of a SBS 2008 box (Exch 2007). I wish to commission the new SBS and 2007 Exchange, but have read conficting reports on the loss of hidden BB information from users mailboxes, and the BESadmin account.

What is the best way to preserve this in the mailbox move ? I was planning to use EXmerge to a .pst and then import via Outlok, will this retain the hidden BB data.

I am aware of the MAPI upgraded required on the BESX box.

PST will not have the hidden info, you need to do a mailbox move with exchange tools.

Did you setup the new server in the same Exchange org?

if no, then you have to wipe the Smart phone to remove the encryption keys and activate on the new BES.

You can backup the devices before wipe and do selective restore of items not BES related.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

No the new server has the same name, but is a seperate new box. So If Im going to need to wip and reactivate, does it matter if the BB hidden info is missing. What exchange tools do you suggest work with 2003 to 2007

Tony

Contributor

Sorry one extra bit of info the BESX is staying on the same box not changing that apart from the MAPI update. Its the mailboxes that are moving from an old to new box
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

can you tell me if it will be in the same exchange org or not?

if yes it is so much easier.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I am assuming it cant be, because its a brand new install, although with the same name, for compatibility.

Contributor

Hello

I think I understand the process advise me if correct

Disconnect handset from each user

Delete each user from BESX

Security wipe each handset

Install CDO and MAPI on BESX

Add users back from Exchange 2007 new Server

Activate Each user

Am I right, is there any steps I dont need to take ???

Tony

Guru III
My Device:

If both servers are joined to the same domain, that will work.

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks

Tony

Contributor

Hi Again

can you tell me what I need to do to remove the device and delete the mailbox hidden data. After I wipe the device what settings will have been lost, I assume all  like WiFi setup, bookmarks etc ?

Tony