Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

MsAddresses table size

Hi,

Our BES Express server database size is almost exceeding the SQL Server 2008 Express limit of 10GB.  I have checked the database tables and can see that the msaddresses table is the offending one, with around 5GB of data, much more than any other.  I am aware that this table holds all contacts, with contacts duplicated when a refresh of the available list is done through the web console and the normal, once-daily cycle.  I understand that RIM know of these issues, especially when the Active Directory holds a large number of contacts, as does ours.

I have performed a select on one particular contact which reports over 100 duplicates, so I do not think the usual clear is working here (which RIM state should leave the two last duplicate copies).

I also tried to manually delete duplicates, however this causes issues with the database (either referential constraints or problems with the transaction logs).  

I came across a thread where someone had a similar issue and RIM provided them with a script to clear this problem.  Any ideas?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: MsAddresses table size

Yepp - contact RIM to solve that. I would not recommend to use scripts from others, pretty sure RIM will check your DB first.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com