Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom (France)

My new Server

Hi guys,

I've recently installed a new Win2003 server R2 x86 with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and BES 5.0.2

Everything seems to work fine in the domain, exchange works correctly and I have users that can communicate correctly.

Now I tried (a long day) to activate a Blackberry device to a user by wireless activation with automated generated password, but it doesn't work!

I tried lots of workarounds and tutorials, checked the Exchange, permissions, mapi setup again in BES, and so on. Nothing append, I'm unable to activate it.

Next step is to destroy the machine Smiley Very Happy

I've forgotted something capital in the BES ? Then what Smiley Surprised ??

Any helps will be appreciated.

Thanks

Flaximus
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: My new Server

what error is presented on the device when it fails?

any info in the MAGT log?

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi,

I don't have any errors in the device, it's stay in "contacting server" status and nothing happend, arrows sometimes works.

Here you have some MAGT logs (I tried today again) :

[40239] (02/09 11:25:16.046):{0x24B4} {****@*******} Still handled by desktop
[30160] (02/09 11:25:16.046):{0x24B4} {****@*******} GetDeviceId() did not return a PIN, PIN currently is not set for this user
[40442] (02/09 11:25:16.046):{0x24B4} User settings: email=****@*******, routing=****@*******, service=, device=, calendar=1, MDS=1, userOTAFM=0, incradle=0, SMIME=0, sentItems=0, dir=******, server=********** (session : 0x02f82828), pending=0
[40000] (02/09 11:25:57.187):{0x1940} [BIPP] Ping 1069 sent
[40000] (02/09 11:25:57.187):{0x2B2C} [BIPP] Ping Response 1069 received

Thanks for your help

Flaximus
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Still handled by desktop

So either dataplan is wrong or user used Desktop manager in the wrong mode when installing it.

You can uninstall DM and reinstall in corporate/BES mode

or

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (Most of OS 5), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Hi,

it is true that actually, due of my type of job, I have double data plan : BIS and BES

For BES plan I'm attached to a hosted Exchange2007 with BES 5

For BIS plan I have other mail adresses configured normally by Internet Service.

So how it can works in this case? Because actually I could do  the BES enterprise activation while I'm in my BIS plan at the same time.

For test I've deleted BES service on my actual hosted solution interface, I hope my device PIN and username will be deleted from BES as well (I cannot manage it).

I've tried an activation email again from my new BES server but the device still stay in "contacting server" and nothing happend.

So I've suscribed again to BES service in my hosted solution, and I was able to wirelessly activate my BB again without any problems.

Then the issue is located somewhere between my new Exchange and the BES.

To be sure all data will pass on internet I've put DMZ on the IP server in my router.

Any clue?

Flaximus
Guru III
My Device:

Most carriers include BIS with a BES plan. BES takes priority over BIS during activations 99% of the time. ( the other 1% of the time the carrier has to remove both services and add in BES which has BIS)

If you turned off BES service plan did you reboot the device to ensure there is no BES service?

This can be a fun issue to deal with as you can see.

Contributor

Hi,

I did not turned off BES service plan.

I just deleted user in my hosted BES to make free the device PIN.

Anyway I tried as well to connect the device to the server and try to associate it by Administration service. After divers installation complete I didn't find the device in it.

What's happend?

Flaximus
Contributor

Hi,

actually I didn't see any emails with .DAT from blackberry.net when I launch an activation.

In the server I didn't installed any antivirus, neither a firewall.

In the Exchange 2003 In didn't enabled any mail filters and the IP address is still in DMZ.

Flaximus
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

you do realize to put onto another BES server you need to wipe device to remove the encryption keys.