Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch
My Carrier: Swisscom

New BES 5.04 cannot connect over MAP to Excahnge 2013

Hi

I have installed a new Exchange 2013 CU2 server and all users, except BlackBerry users are migrated. Now for not running into problems and not be able to going back I created a new BesAdmin user with a mailbox on Exchange 2013. I did all prerequisites (configure rights and everything)  and installed Mapi 6.5.8309 (newest one I’ve found). Then I installed a new BES 5.04 Express server. At the point of configuring Mapi I run into a problem when entering the name of the Exchange Server. Entering the name of a GC server lets me continue with the installation. But now when I start the server I get a lot of MailboxManager SubsystemInitialize - OpenMsgStore (0x80040111) Errors in the Event Log and then it says “BlackBerry Messaging Agent Taris Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305“. I try to test the Mapi configuration with IemsTest.exe but get there the error OpenMSGStore() for this profile failed (8004011d).

Has anybody an idea what could be wrong? After checking similar entries in the forum I have no more idea what the problem could be.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New BES 5.04 cannot connect over MAP to Excahnge 2013

Check through the list in this KB

"Service failed to start, generating error 5305" appears numerous times in the Windows Event Log

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi knottyrope

Thanks for your reply.

I went through the checklist:

Cause 1 and 2: I have an Exchange 2013 and so no System Attendant and no Address Book Service. But all services on Exchange 2013 are running

Cause 3: is done. How can I check if Besadmin has been added to the policy?

Cause 4: Question: which name needs the account to resolve? The logical server name or the FQDN name like owa.contoso.com?

Cause 5: is set to NTLM

Cause 6: account exists

Cause 7: not moved

Cause 8: Group membership is correct (as mentioned in the following  description http://ukblog.im-mobility.com/installing-blackberry-enterprise-server-504-mr2-microsoft-exchange-201...)

Cause 9: account is visible and accessing the GAL with the account over OWA works

Cause 10: no Kerberos message

Cause 11: mapi profile seems to be correct

Unfortunately I still have the error.

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: China Unicom

We faced sme problem, we try to installed twice, same problem!
New Contributor

After installing Outlook 2010 on the BES Server everything is running. Although this is not a supported configuration, this is the only configuration I get running at them moment. Does anybody have some experience with this?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

possible the version of MAPI is wrong or was not installed correctly

Outlook MAPI will not support enough connections when you add in lots of users

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Mapi version is 6.5.8309 and was installed under BesAdmin account.

I have only 5 users on BES Server. Can handle Outlook that?