06-28-2013 05:43 PM - edited 06-28-2013 05:45 PM
Well, I am stuck at the MAPI settings screen. I put in EXCHANGEand BESAdmin and get "An unexpected error occured. Refer to the installation log...." The log shows
CMAPICon::EditMapiProfile (no UI) sent [BlackBerryServer/EXCHANGE/BESAdmin@domain.com] and return code was [0x80040115]
CMAPICon::EditMapiProfile result for profile[BlackBerryServer]/user[BESAdmin@domain.com
I have made all the KB changes and have the correct patch for 2013 and MAPI DLL.
The proxy seems the problem, I can change RPCHTTPProxyMap_BES to a valid or invalid value and get the same error.
tools\IEMSTest.exe fails with "network problems are preventing connection" .
07-01-2013 11:59 AM
I figured it out, I installed the latest CDO.DLL (May 2013), when I removed it and installed the "right"version it worked and I could finsh the install.
07-01-2013 12:06 PM
I had this wokring and could send test emaiils from the BBEX admin system and IEMSTest.exe worked. Now both fail, I think ater a rebot is when the trouble started.
None of the 3 profiles work - they ask for the password and all say it is wrong. I have re-entered user, domain, and password many times and it (now) never works.
What did I do wrong?
08-13-2013 06:42 AM
can you resolve the problem and have the BES successfully running with this enviroment?
I hang on the same, and tested with 3 versions of MAPI CDO. Latest from May 2013.
08-13-2013 11:42 AM
it would only work for me with the right CDO version newer would not work.
lmcompatibilitylevel had to set it to 3 to get things to work.
08-14-2013 07:00 AM
Can you send me a PM with Link or E-Mail with the correct CDO-Files?
I run Exchange 2013 on a Server 2013 and a extra Server 2012 for hosting the BBES services.
The CDO seems my latest problem to succeed the BBES running.
08-14-2013 10:56 AM
From the exchange 2013 kb here:
"Starting with Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI) and Collaboration Data Object (CDO.DLL) 6.5.8309.0/08.03.0.8309.00"
and links to
Ignore the "starting with" as I couldn't get it to work with a newer version, only the version linked in the KB.
08-14-2013 03:12 PM
hm, this is one version i have tested (three in summary).
Deinstall the other one, reboot, install the new one, reboot, test BES setup...nothing.
Same as above, but with Domainadmin, relogin with besadmin and starting BES setup...nothing.
Ok, now going sleeping and see if tomorow it´s a better day...