Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

One BB using two Enterprrise accounts?

My searches are finding a lot of older results on the question of whether or not you can have two Enterprise Accounts set on a BB.  In this case, it's a BB device with OS 6.0 and BESX 5.0.3 with Exchange 2010 SP1. 

More specifically, this user has their main company email address to which their BESX account was created for, but I've also had to create an additional email alias for their Exchange mailbox.  Sent a test message to this new alias - it was recdeived in Outlook but not on the BB.  Makes sense since the BB and I guess also BESX is not aware of the alias address. 

Is there a way to make this work?  Or is RIM considering allowing a BB device to use a profiles concept where you can flip between user states perhaps (like a PC with different user acconts)?  Thanks! 

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: One BB using two Enterprrise accounts?

[ Edited ]

No, you can not use two Enterprise Account on One BB.

But there  May be another option for the same,.

If you have two enterprise account and want to use both ,

You can use one as Enterprise Account and another one as Outlook Account.

i am posting some steps,

you need to perform.

step 1.--->

Menu ----> Set Up---->Set up wizard------>Enter ur BlackBerry Id (if you do not have , first create blackberry id on www.blackberry.com/blackberryid) and password.

This is for securing your  account and application downloading from aapworld.

you will get two optiions  there,

1. Internet  account

2 Enterprise Account

In first one , you have to choose another mail acocunt  for outlook web access account.

you need  enter you  official email id and password along  with outlook url and mailbox  name.(if ask for additional information.).

your outlook  email id will be configured on bb.

In Second Option,

Enter ur email id and One time password given by your company It Admin, (should be use within 24 hrs of creation.).

It will work.

If doesn't work. Please let me know

on my email id --

<Personal Content Removed>

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Odd, my alias works on mine.

Does the message goto the same BES enabled mail box?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Sorry guys I am a bit slow to reply, got lots going on.  To answer your question knottyrope, it does go to the same mailbox indeed.  I would have figured it would at least come inbound to the mailbox.  I think I'll use my test BB to set up a test users and play iwith this idea bit further.  Of course any suggestions or other questions are welcome.  I'll be a couple of days before being able to reply though. 

Regular Contributor

Update: works fine on a test user. The affected BB user is having other problems including inability to get any email at all, which I need to post seperately about.

Sudhir, I'm goin got pass on the workaround setup. I tested and since I can have more than one inbound address, wich points to the same mailbox, come inbound that's enough for my needs. Thank you though, at least I can check my thread history if Ineed to review this again.
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Airtel

Look :
what happen? when you creat any email account on internet service, a different icon will show on home screen of BB.
When an email comes on that particular id , it comes two places, one in mail box and second one in that particluar icon.
thIs is by default feature of handset.
Thnx
Regular Contributor

It's ok. In this situation, the Exchange server is handling both of the email addresses which both point to the same mailbox, so the BB wouldn't even know the 2nd address exists which is ok in this case.
My Device: 9860
My Carrier: KPN

Your suggestion works for a BIS not for BES.

Please advise as 2 BES Enterprise accounts on one BB, we need this as well.

thanks

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

martijnhillfresh wrote:

Your suggestion works for a BIS not for BES.

Please advise as 2 BES Enterprise accounts on one BB, we need this as well.

thanks

You can only if they are separate (databases) BlackBerry domains and it is unsupported.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V