Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Phones fail to synch after BPS internet connection comes back online.

We have a customer with BPS 4.1.4.3 on Microsoft Small Business server 2003. There internet connection was down for a few hours and reconnected. The dispatcher has reconnected to the SRP. I look in the management agent logs and messages to the users are still being queued. The Blackberry Manager shows the last contact with the phones was before the connection went down.

Is the simplest way to resolve this power cycling the phones?

Here is a sample of from the agent log:
[40599] (02/20 15:07:05.075):{0x1194} {user@domain.com} GetNewMovedMessages - Could not find folder entry id in folder list for RefId=-354636552
[40693] (02/20 15:07:05.075):{0x1194} {user@domain.com} Message moved rescan completed
[40000] (02/20 15:07:16.059):{0x2ED4} [BIPP] Ping 19 sent
[40000] (02/20 15:07:16.059):{0x160C} [BIPP] PingResponse 19 received
[30247] (02/20 15:07:20.106):{0x1380} Server stats - Msgs: Forwarded 0, Sent 0, Pending 36, Expired 0, Filtered 0
[40800] (02/20 15:08:10.137):{0x2ECC} {user@domain.com} Starting Address Book rescan
[40891] (02/20 15:08:10.137):{0x2ECC} {user@domain.com} No changes detected, rescan complete (type=Address Book)

Reply With QuoteMulti-Quote This MessageQuick reply to this message
NRPenrose

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Phones fail to synch after BPS internet connection comes back online.

What happens if you send a test message?

Put this in subject to make a silent one.

<$confirm,removeondelivery> Test BES 123

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Thank you for the response.  The phones started syncing before I had the chance to send the message.  I know in one case the user connected their phone to the desktop and it started getting messages.  I do not have an answer from the other user.  As a general rule, if the server loses internet access and is disconnected from the phones for a few hours, should it reconnect to the phones automatically?  I am new to the game, however I have reviewed the set up and documentation pretty carefully and do not see anything really flaky.  The are using the new storms on Verizon.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Last contact time is misleading. If no messages are pending it will not change until one is sent.

Thats why I like the silent message.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Thanks, I have saved that header for future use.  I am sure the issue will occur again.  I will send the test message and see what kind response I get and let you know if you are around.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

Look at BBmanager now and sort by last contact time

Send silent message and see the last contact time change if the BB is on.

Also you will get a reply back.

Highlighted

Thank you for the help.  I sent the email and both phones received it.  I saw the contact time change and checked the BESAdmin mailbox and found replies stating the message has been received successfully.  I will try it again when they are having connection problems and see what the response is.