Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8800

Professional Server + new BlackBerry Bold + old Telstra(AU) SIM card = Activation issue

Hi,

We have particular problem to Activate Blackberry device to Professional server.
Environment: Blackberry Professional Server. Last successful activation of different device was just some days ago.
Current user has changed her Blackberry device. User uses the same SIM card from Telstra, Australia.
Mobile provider confirmed than the SIM card has Blackberry ENTERPRISE service.
I deleted the user account on server. I created new blackberry account for the same user in 30 minutes.
The user tried to activate her device by next instruction:
1. Options -> Advanced Options -> Host Routing table -> Press MENU button and select “REGISTER NOW”
2. Options -> Advanced Options -> Enterprise Activation -> Type your email address and password from activation email -> Press button MENU and ACTIVATE
Blackberry Bold has 3 options in Enterprise Activation menu: email, code and server. For me the server field in Activation menu is very strange.
After activation trying arrived email with subject RIM_some_numbers, bur device received error message.

P.S. Sorry for standard request, but user needs email on her device.

regards,

Vadim

Super Contributor
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Professional Server + new BlackBerry Bold + old Telstra(AU) SIM card = Activation issue

[ Edited ]

Hello and welcome.

Lets go back to basic first. 

Where did the user purchase her BOLD? via Telstra as well?  The reason I asked is that other carriers may have locked the data acess.  Please hold down Alt+CAP+H and check if vendor ID is 122.  If so, that is a Telstra device.  If not, see if you get can see 3G + BB logo next to the receiption from the Home Screen.

I have never seen a Telstra Bold activation screen with those 3 options. and this is one of the reason I asked the above question.  Activation screen should only ask you for email address and the wireless enterprise password you set on the server.

If the etp.dat attachment email arrived to the user inbox, plesae ensure it has not been modified in anyway, ie added the word [scanned], or added a disclaimer at the end of the message.

What is the error message you are getting?

What account are you logging onto the BPS?  Administrator or BESAdmin?

You can also refer to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&thread.i... to troubleshoot your activation issue.

Message Edited by Forza on 26-05-2009 09:26 PM
Message Edited by Forza on 27-05-2009 06:46 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Professional Server + new BlackBerry Bold + old Telstra(AU) SIM card = Activation issue

might be device xml is out of date if your sure device is provissioned correctly.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13589&slic...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

[ Edited ]

might be device xml is out of date if your sure device is provissioned correctly

Thanks.

Shoul I restart Blackberry services after files update?

Message Edited by Vadim_Zenin on 05-26-2009 03:29 PM
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I did knot have to, but it can't hurt.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

[ Edited ]

might be device xml is out of date if your sure device is provissioned correctly

I updated xml files and restarted Blackberry services- result is the same negative.

What is the error message you are getting?

Error: "An error occurred.  Please contact your system administrator"

Please hold down Alt+CAP+H and check if vendor ID is 122.

Vendor id is 122. Device had replaced by Telstra, because the previous one was fault.

see if you get can see 3G + BB logo next to the receiption from the Home Screen.

It's there.

Message Edited by Vadim_Zenin on 05-27-2009 12:30 PM
Super Contributor

Ok, are you able remove the user and try to activate the user with her old device again? If that also failed, therefore is could be the service account or user mailbox issue.

Please check to ensure your service account permission are correct by going through www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb02276

If you BPS is installed in another server box and running exchange 2003 SP3, please confirm MAPI32.dll version are identical in both Exchange and BPS.

If all the above are good.  I would suggest to run a dbclean.exe utility which will remove all the existing blackberry folders attached to your user' mapi, you should be able to obtain this file from your carrier or RIM and those guys should be able to run through that with you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor

Ok, are you able remove the user and try to activate the user with her old device again?

Impossible. Device had replaced by Telstra, because the previous one was fault.

Blackberry Professional server's configuration is fine because 1 user had activated his new Blackberry just 2 days ago.

Additional info: Blackberry Professional server wit remote MSSQL installed on dedicated hardware. We use non standard user account for connection to Exchnage 2007 and this user has Full Access Permissions on user mailbox (I checked).

Guru III
My Device:

So if you did have a different user activate and this one does knot, then very possible the dataplan is incorrect or the etp.dat file was blocked for that user.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vadim_Zenin wrote:

Blackberry Professional server's configuration is fine because 1 user had activated his new Blackberry just 2 days ago.

Additional info: Blackberry Professional server wit remote MSSQL installed on dedicated hardware. We use non standard user account for connection to Exchnage 2007 and this user has Full Access Permissions on user mailbox (I checked).

This does not mean you have a correct setup according to RIM's guildlines for a service account, e.g. a Domain Admin also have full access permission on user mailbox, right?  The other user may got lucky to slip through the activation.

I agree to test another user account with this Bold and see if you are getting the same error.  If you have a wrong Telstra data plan, e.g. BIS, you should not even have Enterprise Activation option, but no harm to check with Telstra as well.

Message Edited by Forza on 28-05-2009 01:06 PM