Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Professional Software Express Help please

I have installed the PSE on a Windows 2003 R2 server that is not our exchange server. Everything seemed to go well during the install. the database was recognized. I have the MAPI set to use the besadmin account. When I set my device to register is asked for my domain email, so I put in my password, I saw the email message go into my inbox but it never got pulled out so it could not register my device. It seems that it is not connecting with exchange. But- in the check name it recognized my exchange server name.

I am new at this. Any ideas?

Also I checked the task manager on the Windows 2003 R2 server and I do not see any blackbery services running. = thanks

Highlighted
Retired

Re: Professional Software Express Help please

It sounds like you are entering your Windows User account password on the Device. You have to set an activation password in the BlackBerry Manager and enter this password on the device to start the activation.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If services are knot running the you will knot be able to activate.

Try restarting them and look at your logs to see why they failed.

there are also some more BPS logs that have more detail located near here

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Funny, I did not get any directions for even using the Manager on my server. So, I do see a place to add a user. Do I add "besadmin" or my exchange username?

New Contributor

i opened services.msc and the only blackberry service that was not running was BlackBerry Database Consistency Service which is currently disabled. This looks to me like is should be on automatic. Thoughts?
New Contributor

Poked around some more...I noticed when I right click properties for these services and click the Logon tab, "domainname\Administrator" is indicated. I do remember during the install it asking about this. Should I have used besadmin instead of Administrator?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes during install you should of used BESAdmin and all the permissions of rthe services would of been set fine.

It is a common mistake that many make thinking it can run as administrator, but to access the Information store it causes permission problems.

I have been there too.

You can try fixing it or easy enough to uninstall and reinstall it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks. I reset those but the blackberry dispatcher and the synchronization service wont start. I also poked around the manager and added besadmin as a user, realized that was maybe wrong, deleted it and it still says I have one user eventhough it does not show up. It might be time for a uninstall and reinstall and maybe I should use my complimentary 1 use of techsupport. I made a simple install a disaster!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hi NickGoodman,

Did you receive an error message when the dispatcher service wouldn't start?

Here is an article which describes the process to perform a switch service account- is this what you followed:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04293

Thank you!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
New Contributor

Thanks. I will take a closer look later. But I have to admit that I am bit confused. Does one treat the professional software express like enterprise when looking up troubleshooting and fixes?