Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BES/SBE/BPS 4.x upgrade options to BES Express 5.0

Does anyone have experience with BESX and Exchange 2003 and 2010 coexisting? How does BESX behave, what are the best practices, etc.  The more info you can provide the better.  THANKS!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This KB should be all you need. You dont need to move users mailboxes, but BES admin must be moved. They will coexist just fine.

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

First of all, thank you very much for your time!

Well, that's all nice and dandy, but how do I treat the fact that RIM officially says that 2003 and 2010 are NOT supported?

We're planning on keeping 2003 around for a while because of some old client versions we run; and you're saying they'll coexist just fine.  Do you have any experience with that?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Page 3 shows supported.

Blackberry Enterprise Server compatibility chart
http://us.blackberry.com/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Where do you see it not being supported?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

System requirements: Messaging server:
Any of the following messaging servers located in close proximity to where you want to install the BlackBerry®
Enterprise Server Express:
• Microsoft® Exchange Server 2010 SP1 (not supported in a mixed environment)
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Update Rollup 1 (Microsoft Exchange
Server MAPI Client and CDO 1.2.1 must be version 6.5.8211.0 or later to support Microsoft Exchange Server
2010)
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 SP2 or SP3
• Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2
• Microsoft® Exchange mixed environment (Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 and 2007 or Microsoft Exchange
Server 2007 SP2 and 2010)

Here is the link, see page 10: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/business/server/express/BESX_Xprs_SR_EN.pdf

Guru III
My Device:

That a new one on me, I have some digging to do now.