06-22-2008 02:16 PM
06-24-2008 08:03 AM
With regards to the firewall, the only reason that BlackBerry Unite! turns that on is to allow the device the ability to reject messages that are encrypted with a key that is not recognized by the device. This will not prevent any user initiated action.
With regards to the bluetooth issue all you need to do is configure BlackBerry Desktop Manager to synchronize again as outlined here and then configure the device to sync using Bluetooth.
When you activate on BlackBerry Unite! the device is configured to synchronize with the Address Book and Calendar on Unite! and removes any previously configuration for Desktop Manager. Once you reconfigure the device to synchronize with Desktop Manager again you will have the Bluetooth options back on the device.
06-22-2008 02:27 PM
06-24-2008 11:58 AM
06-24-2008 08:54 PM - edited 06-24-2008 10:34 PM
If you take a look at the firewall settings on your device having the firewall enabled does absolutely nothing unless you are on a BES (or Unite). Are any of the options checked off to block when you set your 8830 up on Unite? If nothing is checked off, and you're not on a BES/Unite then it will have absolutely no affect on your bb.
About the bluetooth services... I actually had the same problem and was going to post looking for help but you beat me to it. I've followed the steps provided by the Tech Advisor and my problem is all gone now.
Message Edited by Mr_White on 06-24-2008 08:56 PM
06-24-2008 09:32 PM - edited 06-24-2008 09:47 PM
1. There is no Unite on my BB now. So I cant set calendar etc. to wirless sync.
2. Bell Canada wants RIM to fix this problem ASAP as they get a ton of calls about it daily.
3. The firewall was NOT enabled pre UNITE being put on.
4. The firewall was locked after the removal of the Unite software.
5. OS 4.5 software has the ability to factory reset the BB and fix the bluetooth problem and the firewall problem.
6. There are so far about a dozen programs being affected by the fire wall while trying to load onto the BB,
7. There is no 4.5 OS device software for the 8830 yet so no factory reset for it.
Now if you dont understand all that I can type slower for you next time.