Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Restricting dialling numbers

Hi All,

I am running BES Express with about 20 odd phones I am running Version: 5.0.1.4.

I am attempting to restrict the phones from dialling certain numbers (directory enquries, 0845 etc), from what I have read on teh internet this is possible through the full blown BES in the firewall policy rules. My question is can I do it in BES Express?

Ta

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Restricting dialling numbers

The Restrict Outgoing Cellular Calls IT policy rule can be used to avoid service charges by blocking calls to 411. To set the rule, type the following value in the policy field:

With some of the newer devices they actually dial it with a 1 or + if using it from a contact.

+1411r;+411r;411r;1411r;

Works real well for us on full BES.

I dont see it for express.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express Version: 5.0 Service Pack: 4 Policy -- 117  

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yeah I cant find any of those settings on the express version, I was wondering if there was another way round this.

Ta

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

upgrade to full BES which is not free

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V