Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Rookie question RE: Interim Security Software Update 5

Good morning, I recently became caretaker of previously installed BPS Bundle 183 (SP4b). Installed on Server 2003 Standard R2 Sp2. Exchange 2007 sp1 environment (separate machine). All virtualized. (VMWare).

Trial by fire, as I have not dealt with BES at all in past. Pleased to know, based on this excellent board, that it is on current software.

However, it will require Interim Security Software Update 5. I am not sure if it will require Interim Security Software Update 4.

My question: are the Interim Security Software Updates culmative? Maybe I missed something, but I can not seem to confirm or deny this info? Anyway to determine if previous Interim Security Software Update have been installed?

Thanks, Dan

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Rookie question RE: Interim Security Software Update 5

thats a good question, but after looking at the release notes and install directions, only the same 2 DLLs are updated on all 5 updates.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Rookie question RE: Interim Security Software Update 5

I realized after posting, and reviewing the previous, that was indeed the case. Should have looked before I leapt. Thanks for the confirmation!