Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SP6 love for BPS?

I've a dozen users itching for HTML email.

Can the BES sp6 download be applied to BPS?

djm
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: SP6 love for BPS?

I have been led to believe that you cannot do this, but I would not consider myself sufficiently knowledgeable to say.  I'm also interested.
Contributor

I downloaded SP6 last night and tried to applit to my BPS with no luck.  It asked me for a trade up key.

I think thats extremely lame if RIM is going to leave our BPS users and only give good updates to BES users.  My company has no need for a RIM package that allows thousands of users or enterprise IM either (both of which are available wth the BES and not BPS).

I would love for a RIM employee to chime in on this thread and give us some input.

RIM, you're up.

New Developer

i would also like an answer on this from RIM. i was just about to purchase the professional software, but if this cannot use SP6 i will not purchase it.

dito..
Contributor

I have been googling around, and all the while my BES contacts have been enjoying HTML email, I have been plugging along without it.

Still waiting on RIM to respond to this.  Either a date for us BPS users regarding a patch or at least a reason why were left out.

Contributor

It's starting to seem more and more, with no response from RIM, that us BPS users are getting the cold shoulder.  Why would it seem fair that to get the advanced features of a full BES, i would be required to have a BES for 7 users?  That doesnt seem right and it only alienates the small business community.  Many small offices can't/won't fund a full BES price tag.  RIM comes along and offers BPS as an alternative, but leaves it without updates.  It's as if we were told that the Wal-Mart brand RIM software will work fine, but get left behind becasue in a seriousness - who wants to update Wal-Mart level software?

Thanks RIM.

Love,

A disappointed user.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

... I think its clear here that RIMs focus is not on the small business market here.  4.1.4 is there for BPS, but no SP5 or SP6 anywhere in sight.

I would contact your sales rep / account manager and hound them continually ... maybe that would help.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted
New Contributor

It's a strange thing though, they updated Unite! to support HTML, glad to see they're supporting the enterprise and consumers, while completely ignoring the SMB market.

Contributor

Are you serious?  They upgraded Unite! with HTML?

Come on RIM.  There is no excuse for ignoring the SMB market.  You have got to be joking.  Ya know, it used to be so easy to recommend RIM products to other SMB's in my area, but thats becoming less and less true.