Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Stop phone from locking

We are considering using blackberry's at our company and I am testing one out.  I am using Blackberry Professional Software for Exchange. I got everything to work for the most part, syncing and everything works. One thing that is bothering me is that the phone keeps locking and I have to enter the password to unlock it.

In the IT policy I have Password Required to False. Is there anything else that can cause this to happen?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Stop phone from locking

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I'm neither a BPS nor IT Policy expert, but it seems to me that password required is exactly that...the user (in this case, you on your test device) can do something that is more restrictive than the IT policy, but not less restrictive. So, if a password exists on the device, that's not a violation of the policy, so the policy does not come into play.

Have you actually turned off the password on the device itself? And if so, is it returning all by itself? 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

What model handheld / OS?

If the password isn't required you can remove it through the options menu.  The options menu differs based on your HH OS.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

It did prompt me to enter a password.  I will wipe the device and see if it prompts me to enter a password again.

It is a 8350i

New Contributor

As soon as I wipe the phone and do the enterprise activation it prompts me to enter a new password.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Did you check that the password was disabled before starting the activation?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Veteran II

wiping a handheld (by default) doesn't remove the IT policy (which enforces passwords if it is forced).

Try creating a new blank IT Policy on your BES and assign that to yourself.  After you've successfully received it go to the password options on the handheld and remove the password.  Then move yourself back to the other IT Policy ... if a password requirement comes down, then you've got a password policy on the original policy.

New Contributor

Looks like that was it.  I set it to a blank policy. Manually turned off the password and then reset it to my IT policy and it seems to be working.

Thanks

Forums Veteran II

nice; glad to help.