Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile DE
Accepted Solution

Sync to BESX over Wi-Fi doesn't work

Hello,

following setup:

BESX 5.0.3

Bold 9780 with BB-dataplan on sim, enterprise activated.

Sync works properly as expected when the sim card/GSM cell network is active.

As listed at BB Docs, German Article it should work to deactivate GSM/GRPS/EDGE connection und sync mails using a wifi connection.

Current status:

- GSM deactivated

- wifi connection enabled, the browser shows google.com, so i would say its properly connected

The "service status" shows BIS and BES as "not connected", altough it should show the wifi connection and sync mails?

Any ideas?

Best Regards

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Sync to BESX over Wi-Fi doesn't work

Could be the router or its settings.

Look at my thread solving my WiFi issue to give you some ideas on what to look for.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-9700-smartphone/Netgear-WVPN824-WiFi-issue-co...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hello knottyrope,

i found this thread beforde using Google, but to be honest, i didn't try another wifi-router before.

So here my status update:

Connection1

WRT54GL with DD-WRT, b/g Mode, Personal WPA2, AES as AP

separate NAT border router

-> not working

Connection2

TPLINK 1043ND with DD-WRT, g/n-Mode, Personal WPA2, AES

working as access point & border router

-> not working

I'm able to test 2 other non dd-wrt's this weekend, but my gut feeling just tells me this it not the problem, but currently i'm really helpless.

Any other ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

just to clarify, the SIM is still in and only carrier signal is turned off

what verions DD WRT? not all are compatable with BIS/BES over wifi and QOS can wreak havoc too if used wrong.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

I have heard there is an issue with Europe on this and might not be you hardware.

Contributor

Yep, sim card is in and carrier signal is turned off,

for the TP-Link its "v24preSP2 14896"

WRT54GL "v24SP2 13064"

----

You answer faster than me:

A global problem of europe? Hard to believe. Perhaps temporarily? I think, there would be an official statement.... But who knows...

Important for me is just to find the problem itself at the moment. If this will work again in 2 weeks, it's ok.

Guru III
My Device:

it is being looked at, dont know of ETA for fix.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

lots of action in this thread

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/wifi-symbol-grey-but-im-connected-to-my-hub/...