Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Synchronization issues with BESX 5.0.3 MR2 and Exchange 2010 SP1 Rollup6

Hi tkozlow,

in fact, with the help of the BlackBerry Enterprise Support, we we're able to correct this issue. Let me give you a brief explanation on why it was doing that for us.

It was in fact our Antivirus causing this issue.(Using Sophos) After looking into our logs with support, we noticed that an email would come in with a certain Entry ID. Ex: 847 and send it to the device.. but then on the server side, it would give an error(in the logs) and create a new ID for this email. Ex : 848. Which meant that the email on the BlackBerry device was now an orphan and whether you deleted it, read it, or whatnot would have no impact on the server side.

What support did for us, and I am not saying that it will necessarily fix your issues(you might want to consider contacting them with this problem), is to add a delay in the registry for the server. We are talking about 10 seconds.. which is really not noticeable at all. If I understood correctly what the support engineer was saying is that Sophos would slow down or make it that the BES would feel as if the email was changed and assign it a new ID. By adding the delay on the BES side, it would let the AV do his thing and then the BES would push out the email.

Here is the regkey you would need to add to make this work.. oh and on a sidenote, they suggested leaving the database size to 100 and i haven't had any issues since I put it back either.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents and find the REG_DWORD called ProcessMailDelay. If you cannot find it(as I), you need to create it. Be sure to type it the exact same way as I wrote it. It will not work if you aren't careful with the Uppercase and such. Put the value to 10 in the DWORD.

Also, please notice that this key is for a Windows Server x64 OS.. if you have it installed on a 32 bit OS, you will not have to go through the Wow6432Node.

Then wait and see.. I personally noticed the difference a couple of hours later.. really making sure it worked.. and then i got confirmation from my boss and other employees.

If you have any other question, you come back and post here and I will get the notification and see if I can be of any help.. I might not have been clear with my explanations, but hopefully you can decipher some of it Smiley Happy

Hope it works out for you,

Benoit

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
Server : BES10(BDS 6.2.0(Bundle 45)), BMS 6.4.0(Bundle 7), UDS 6.2.1(Bundle 10)
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for posting your solution, AV is a killer on some programs and can be hard to tell if it is the issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: O2 -UK

Hello Benoit

I think that maybe the case in my example as well, although we use ESET NOD32. I will implement the changes and let you know.

Regards

Contributor

Hi Tkozlow,

I forgot one detail about what the Support told me. I wanted to make sure it was the same way I have it so have the best results.

If you are running BESX,(should be somewhat similar if you are running BES) you have to go in the Server and Components Section -- > BlackBerry Domain --> Component View --> Email and click on BlackBerry_Exchange_EMAIL on (servername)

Select <Edit Instance> and go to the Messaging Tab at the top. Under Messaging Options, you should see "Hard Delete Reconciliation" either True or False. Make sure this is at TRUE. The Engineer wanted to make sure that option was turned on also.

Sorry I totally forgot about this option before I went through this.

Hope it works!

Server : BESx 5.0.4(Bundle 38),Mobile Fusion 6.2.0(Bundle 11), UDS 6.1.2(Bundle 16), Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 SP2, 100 users.
New Contributor

Thx for this.

We've actually have this on TRUE as this was one of the first things we though might be causing this problem.

The changes are now set, so we need wait and see if it is all ok.

New Contributor

Hello

The synchronisation seems to be working fine so far with one exception - a new occurance.

If a user switch off the BB for the night, and it picks up all the messages in the morning , those messages causes problems. User cannot reply from BB, cannot forward from the BB, and there is no synchronisation for those messages.

Logs shows that the reference ID for those messages could not be found in the mailbox.

Regards

Contributor

hmmm..

I had the exact same situation this morning but didn't get that issue.. Last night, my battery died and my BB shut down.. when I got to work this morning, i had at least 10 unread emails and read/deleted/moved some and by the time my BB was up and running(spare battery) the sync had done it's magic and everything was fine.

Could you give us a bit more info on your environment? Are you running BESX 5.0.3 MR2 for Exchange also? It could be that the regkey I gave you doesn't work as seemlessly depending on the version of BES you are running. Hard to say to be honest.

If you have a chance to let us know what you are running, we might be able to search and help you out.

Cheers,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

tkozlow wrote:

Hello

The synchronisation seems to be working fine so far with one exception - a new occurance.

If a user switch off the BB for the night, and it picks up all the messages in the morning , those messages causes problems. User cannot reply from BB, cannot forward from the BB, and there is no synchronisation for those messages.

Logs shows that the reference ID for those messages could not be found in the mailbox.

Regards

is the user using a PST file? or accessing with a POP account?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Hello BenoitCote,

Did you put valu 10 as Decimal or Hexadecimal for ProcessMailDelay ?

Should I reboot BESx or Restart services, or just wait?

Thank you