Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Syncing issues with Exchange

Hi all,

Got BPS up and running yesterday. Setup a couple of test users and working thru some issues with them.

1. Email sync issues

If I delete a message from Outlook should it delete from the blackbery and vice versa, if I delete the message from the blackberry should it delete it from outlook.

2. Calendar sync issues.

If I add an appointment in to the calendar on the blackberry, should it appear on outlook/exchange. I have apped and appointment in outlook and it appeared on the blackberry but the appointment on the blackberry didn't appear on the outlook calender.

I'm sure there wil be others but that's the two big ones for now.

Thanks

Robert

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Syncing issues with Exchange

Got BPS up and running yesterday. Setup a couple of test users and working thru some issues with them.

1. Email sync issues

If I delete a message from Outlook should it delete from the blackbery and vice versa, if I delete the message from the blackberry should it delete it from outlook.

>> How are you deleting the messages in Outlook?  Are the items going to deleted items or are you hard deleting them? Do you have the BlackBerry handheld configured to delete messages on the HH and the mailbox?

2. Calendar sync issues.

If I add an appointment in to the calendar on the blackberry, should it appear on outlook/exchange. I have apped and appointment in outlook and it appeared on the blackberry but the appointment on the blackberry didn't appear on the outlook calender.

>> Where is the BPS server located?  Is it on your Exchange server or on its own server?  Review this too: KB05270 - One-way wireless calendar synchronization for one or more BlackBerry device users

I'm sure there wil be others but that's the two big ones for now.

Thanks

Robert

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

Thanks again.

1. Email issues

The account was in the domain admin group (I think it was added when watching the online video clips). Removed it and it now deletes as expected.

2. Calendar Issues

I had changed the  one of the email setting to only show the items in the inbox. I've now changed the reconciliation to HH and mailbox and it's working.

Thanks

Robert

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Nice job! Smiley Happy
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/

Hi Andy

my problem is actually the opposite.  My blackberry calender and contacts are syncing to my exchange 2007 but I do not want them to >  How can I just add to my calender and contacts and not have it show up on my exchange?

regards

DG

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Andy has not been on much lately.

I never tried your scenario. Hopefully some one else knows.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V