Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: VZN
Accepted Solution

Type of Domino Server needed for a BES Express

Objective is to install a Domino Server that only functions as a BESx that will talk to the other servers for email, roaming directories, etc. 

Question:  What kind of Domino Server needed (Utility Server, Messaging Server, Enterprise Server) for BESx?

The other two servers are clustered Enterprise Servers (managing email, applications, etc).

Thanks.

Paul

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: VZN

Re: Type of Domino Server needed for a BES Express

I was digging through the RIM site and found this tutorial -- http://in.blackberry.com/business/software/server/express/gettingstarted_domino.jsp

They say within Software Requirements:  Partitioning of the messaging server - A nonpartitioned messaging server on the computer that you want to install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on. 

Permissions for the messaging server - A messaging server with the following permissions.  Membership in the LocalDomainServers group and Manager-Level access to the mail files for user accounts.

So... I'm going to install a new Domino Messaging Server for the only purpose of running BESx.