Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unite - Install Problem - Updating Databases

Hi,

I am trying to install Unite on my computer and I keep getting snagged during the installation process.  I get an error message when Unite is attempting to install, stating that it could not update the databases.  The error message tells me to look into the install logs but I don't know what I am to look for.  Any help from someone in which to look for or if I should start fresh?  If I am to start fresh, what programs has Unite installed on my computer so that I can start from scratch?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320

Re: Unite - Install Problem - Updating Databases

I had the same problem.  It seems unite doesn't play nice with allready installed version of mssql desktop engine.  I uninstalled it and let the installer re-install it and everything went fine. 
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Unite - Install Problem - Updating Databases

So do we have a solution for this?  I have the same problem, have ACT! installed and Unite does not seem to like it.  I would like to use Unite, but can see tearing out my ACT! DB to try and see if it will install then.