Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: na
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

issues during BES express install

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I've been following the instructions at commodore.ca/windows/exchange/blackberry/how-to-install-bes-express-exchange-2010-single-server.html

to try to set up BES express on my box. The box is a single standalone win08r2 box which has exchange 2010 running without any issues. It is also the domain controller, so is a complete standalone box.

The setup goes ok until:

error

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've tried putting in the computer name, the domain, just the first part of the domain etc without any luck. my users are on exchange without any issue, and are sending and receiving and syncing fine - why can't BES express see it? 

No firewall installed - connection unrestricted.

also note, official BES install guide at 
docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/14347/Install_the_BES_software_Xprs_998493_11.jsp
doesn't even SHOW this step. hence, the random blog.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: issues during BES express install

install cdo?

CDO 1.2.1 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=94274318-27c4-4d8d-9bc5-3e6484286b1f&Displa...

KB15779 How to install or upgrade CDO 1.2.1

running in terminal services mode?

logged in as BESAdmin?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

yep i got CDO.

logged in as besadmin.

BUT - yes, i was installing via remote desktop. do i need to restart the entire process on console?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

The BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express and BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Express components do not support installation on a computer that you

installed Remote Desktop Services or Terminal Services on.

but you can remove term services, install BES and then use term services after.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

wow, what a royal pain. so to confirm what i need to do:
- uninstall BES completely (including paths + registry)
- remove terminal services (can i just disable service? or the entire thing?)
- reboot, reinstall bes
- confirm bes works
- reinstall termserv

and voila?

do i need to delete / recreate the sql server and/or the besadmin user account, or can i keep those in place to speed things up?
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

zimsters wrote:
wow, what a royal pain. so to confirm what i need to do:
- uninstall BES completely (including paths + registry) I would
- remove terminal services (can i just disable service? or the entire thing?) Remove
- reboot, reinstall bes
- confirm bes works
- reinstall termserv

and voila?

do i need to delete / recreate the sql server and/or the besadmin user account, or can i keep those in place to speed things up? SQL maybe but the installer should not have done much with it yet. BESAdmin account does not have to deleted.

Contributor

ah now here's an issue. how do i remove terminal services? i was just using the remote desktop option built into win08 (system properties - remote access - allow connections via remote desktop). i'm not even sure i have terminal services running.
Contributor

ah intriguing. I've uninstalled everything (except termserv which i don't even think is installed); and started up the bbexpress installer. i see in the first step where it asks setup options and what components i want to install - the core components is greyed out and only shows blackberry router. i don't think this is correct?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

No, that means that either some preconditions for the core installation are not met or BES was not uninstalled properly or you don't have enough rights to install etc. etc.
Contributor

what core installation options *should* i be seeing?