Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

4.1.6 Upgrade to 5.0 success administration, monitoring and web desktop manager tools not working

[ Edited ]

I made the upgrade this morning on the same server tha was the previous version 4.1.6 MR7 only java and xml something was the additional requirements that setup installed. All default in installation. Only the authentication give problem beacuse  have #$ in my password so I select blackberry authentication.

Everything normal (all blackberry services up and runnig) but cannot access any administration tools. The users are not calling reporting lack of service.

Netstat show many traffic to exchange and blackberry sites.

Blackberry Administration service  https://blackb.mah.com/webconsole/login

Blackberry Monitoring Service https://blackb.mah.com:8443/webconsole/app

Blackberry Desktop Agent https://blackb.mah.com/webdesktop/login

all the links give me "cannot display the page"

The previous administration console Blackberry manager is gone.

The IIS not shows the published site for administration

Can I install the blackberry Manager again?

What I can do to access the administration tools?

Whera are locagted the directories for those sites of administration?

Can I publish the site manually in IIS?

Greetings

Message Edited by ReySys on 08-20-2009 03:59 PM
Message Edited by ReySys on 08-20-2009 04:06 PM
Message Edited by ReySys on 08-20-2009 04:17 PM
Message Edited by ReySys on 08-20-2009 04:18 PM
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: 4.1.6 Upgrade to 5.0 success administration, monitoring and web desktop manager tools not workin

So BES 5.0 is an apache based Web version of BES. You access everything you used to through the BAS. I would suggest you try restarting the apache service ( BAS admin service) you can not publish these sites manually in IIS as BAS is apache based.

Need more information, what url are you using to get to the BAS?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Re: 4.1.6 Upgrade to 5.0 success administration, monitoring and web desktop manager tools not workin

Maybe a dumb question, being apache servicing the web manager can I modify the port it uses since my BES also runs my exchange WebMail on port 80/443?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You will have to assign a separate IP for each, not fun to deal with either.

Best to install on a different server if possible that is not using those ports.

Did you install it on an exchange server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi thanks!

Thats is fine. I have no problem assigning a second IP if needed for the 'inside'. I was wondering if just modifying the apache http.conf file would do?.  Since we are a small shop, the box is the front end for my email coming in as well.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am not sure about messing with the conf file, I never tried it. But if successful please post your findings.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V