Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: NONE
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Activated BES, why did gmail account get included?

I originally accidently posted this in the wrong group. I believe this is the correct group. (Moderator, if you want to remove a post, please remove it from the BBCS for MS 365 forum.)

I switched carriers this week. Previously had BES for corporate email and used BIS for 3 imap accounts including gmail. When I switched carriers, initially BES was not enabled. I configured the three imap accounts including the gmail account. They were working properly. When I activated BES (a couple of days later), for some reason, the gmail account has been included with the BES. I can see it when I look at the BES settings.

I removed the gmail account and it disappeared from the BES and BIS. I re-added it and it reappeared in both. Is there a reason for the BES to think it should be grabbing the gmail account even though I did not add it through the BES?

The gmail account is personal and I would prefer it to not go through the BES.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Activated BES, why did gmail account get included?

`Your BES account includes up to ten other BIS accounts.

So, you re-added the gmail account and you're not expecting to see it in your email accounts? The only way to not see the Gmail is to remove it from your mail accounts.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

My phone is a 9900. On the email account setup for the 9900, there are internet mail accounts and enterprise accounts. I have one corporate email account and three personal email accounts. Of the three, one is gmail and the others are IMAP accounts from my ISP.

When I originally added the gmail and IMAP accounts, they looked like regular internet mail accounts. Initially, the carrier did not enable BES on the account so I couldn't activate the enterprise email account right away. A couple of days later when the BES was activated (which was today), I noticed the gmail account appearing as an internet email account and as an activated enterprise account. This is only happening for the gmail account, but not for the other IMAP accounts. The gmail account appears in both lists. Is there something special about gmail accounts?

Samsung Galaxy S5
Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry I just don't understand. Your bes plan includes ten BIS accounts. You don't need both plans.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

This isn't about "plans" or what is included in what. BES is one mechanism (a server in the corporate network) and BIS is another. I used the enterprise activation application on the phone to activate my corporate email account by entering my corporate email address and the activate code provided by the IT department. I didn't "activate" my gmail account or my IMAP accounts using the enterprise activation application on the phone. I simply added them using the internet email setup application on the phone. Yet while the gmail and IMAP accounts show up as internet email accounts, the gmail account also shows up as an enterprise email account. I can see it when I go into the setup for enterprise activation (ALT CNFG). I'm wondering why this is the case and whether my personal email is being routed through the BES, rather than through the BIS like my other email accounts.

Samsung Galaxy S5
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a simialr issue.  I'm changing over a phone to a new user.  I have wiped the phone nad deleted the mail accounts via rogers.blackberry.com BIS portal.  I also had Rogers remove the BIS accounts directly which for some reason removing via the portal didn't do.

Now when I set up the BES enterprise account (only) the BIS accounts get added on the phone desktop - doesn't have any messages but they are there.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

its part of the backup that BES does but is now intergrated with BlackBerry ID and BIS.

BES wont pick up the emails or see them but will know about the gmail account.

you wont get BIS emails until you enter in credentials in the setup program.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks, that explains it.  No one at Rogers knew what was going on nor did my BES admin,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

There is a list of whats backed up in this

How to enable Automatic Wireless Backup for a BlackBerry smartphone on a BlackBerry Enterprise Serve...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V