Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

Activating a Z10 with BES 10.1 does not work.

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

i shall start with a short description about the system environment.

Blackberry BES 10.1, 6 Iphones with Secure Workspace Licences, which are working as intended.

1 new Z10 with a Corporate License.

I set up the user, and set an activation password. i go to settings, accounts, advanced settings and then try to setup the account. entering the user id, which is the email address and the activation password and the server ID. The Z10 is connecting to the server, going to secure communication, removing the old workspace (which there isnt as the device is new) and then a message saying (it is in german so i will translate it) "'Failed to activate work account'". All i can do is click accept and i am back at the window where i can enter the activation password and so on.

I am no Blackberry Expert at all, and i searched the internet for a solution, but didnt even manage to find the Error Message, nor do i really know which of the many many logs the BSE keeps, would be helpful in finding the solution of the problem.

Would anyone have any idea or need more information regarding this matter?

EDIT: The Blackberry Server is not in the domain, as of right now. Also the mailsystem used is Domino with Notes and Traveler. Dont know wether that is important.

Thank you in advance

Alex.

edited for the correct english error message

edited for further environment details

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Activating a Z10 with BES 10.1 does not work.

do you have correct data plan on device?

are you on wifi? if yes make sure it is not on LAN of BES unless you have split DNS done.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

thank you for the reply. wifi is not activated, as of now. the correct data plan on device should be ok, i will double check that.

Would anyone know in which log to look for hopefully useful information regarding the matter? maybe that information could help clear things up?

alex

Highlighted
New Contributor

i double checked and the right dataplan is on the Device.