Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Activation Playbook

Hello !

Im having difficulties activating a Playbook after successfully installing BDS and adding an account.

I'm using our existing BES service account so this is not an Exchange permissions issue.

After adding an account to BDS and successfully logging into the Web Desktop Mgr, I plug in the Playbook for a wired activation and get this error: "The BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager is unable to complete this action. Please contact your administrator for more information."

After logging into the Administration Service, I plug in the Playbook for a wired activation and get this error: "The BlackBerry Administration Service was unable to connect to the device that is connected to your computer.

"

There are somes errors in the BDS server logs like in log EWMS :

[WARN ] (04/13 11:54:06:674):{AsynchronousRequestServiceThread} EMWS:[CFG] Application Share not configured as BASTrait 14 is missing

And I don't see traffic in Wireshark on the network interface with ip 169.254.x.x (USB Playbook)

Some informations :

- I use USB to connect the Playbook.
- The device is available and the PIN is correct in Blackberry Device Service:
- Useraccount had local administrator and domain admin rights.
- I see the device Blackberry Device Manager.
- I use IE9
- No firewall on my computer and on BDS server ...

If anyone can help me ?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Activation Playbook

It's was a problem with the firewall on my computer ...

Thank you Smiley Very Happy