Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Activation ongoing when migrated over with BES Transporter

After migrating 300+ accounts over to BES 5.0 the Blackberry Enterprise Transporter tool, I noticed a handful of accounts are still activating.  The state is ongoing for components Email and Synchronization.  

For email the description is "Starting key exchange"

For synchronization the description is "Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing" 

Anyone seen this?  Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Activation ongoing when migrated over with BES Transporter

Hi, I have the same Issue, anyone have a solutino for this?

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This thread has some info in it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=bes5&message.id=358&query.id=1786486#...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

We are having the same issue after migrating from 4.1.4 to 5.0 using the Transporter utility.  We have had success getting the users activated by using one of a couple of methods.  A small amount of users we were able to resolve by just having them hard reset by pulling and inserting the battery.  The users which that did not work for, we have had to resort to Deleting the user from BES and then having them activate their BlackBerry.  We have not had to wipe any devices though.

We placed a call to BlackBerry Technical Support to find out why this is happening, and after checking a few things, it turns out that the Encryption Levels on our old 4.1.4 server was set to 3DES and the new 5.0 server is set to 3DES AES.  I was told that if you change the encryption level on the old server to 3DES AES so it matches the new server before using the Transporter utility, you can avoid this issue all together.

Hope that helps.

Contributor

In BAS,  under Devices, wireless activations, view activations, Search activations.  Do a search for Not completed, "ongoing" and the interval should be from the beginning of your migration to the end.  Does it come back clean?  I don't have the issue with Activation icon on the Blackberry devices but if  I run this search I see a lot of the migrated accounts in this status. 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

This happens if the encryption algorithm on the source domain is different than the destination domain. They have to match exactly (ie. 3DES and AES and 3DES and AES)

If the migration has already been done, you can usually get around it by setting an EA password for the user and having them perform an activation. No wiping or deleting the user is necessary.