Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: PRIV
My Carrier: Koodo

Adding your company directory to BES10

[ Edited ]

With the release of BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 version 10.2 (BES10.2), the ability to integrate Microsoft® Active Directory has been moved from the installation to a post-installation task along with the ability to add users from an LDAP directory.

BlackBerry Device Service 

In this example we will configure Active Directory as the Company Directory Integration source. For more information on LDAP integration, see Connect the BlackBerry Device Service to an LDAP directory in the BES10 Configuration Guide (PDF).

Adding your company directory to BES10 2014-03-13 01.png

1. Open the BlackBerry Device Service console and login using the administrator credentials created during the installation.
    2. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, click the plus sign next to Company Directory Integration and select Manage company directory connections.
    3. Select Create a company directory connection.
    4. Type a Name for the connection.
    5. Select the directory type in the Type field and select Next.
    6. Fill the fields based on your company’s Active Directory environment:
      • User name: Service account or an account with Active Directory permissions
      • Password: Password for the account
      • User domain: example.com

Adding your company directory to BES10 2014-03-13 02.png
For more information on creating a company directory connection, see Connect the BlackBerry Device Service to Microsoft Active Directory in the BES10 Configuration Guide (PDF).

1. Click Save. Users can now be added from Active Directory by selecting BlackBerry Solution Management > User > Create a user and following the on-screen prompts.

Universal Device Service 

In this example we will configure Active Directory as the Company Directory Integration source. For more information on LDAP integration, see Connect the BlackBerry Device Service to an LDAP directory in the BES10 Configuration Guide (PDF).

Adding your company directory to BES10 2014-03-13 04.png

1. Open the Universal Device Service Console and login using the administrator credentials created during the installation.
    2. Select theSetting tab.
    3. Select Company Directory.
    4. Check Enable Microsoft Active Directory.

Adding your company directory to BES10 2014-03-13 05.png

1. Fill the fields based on your company’s Active Directory environment:
    • Username: Service account or an account with Active Directory permissions
    • Password: Password for the account 
    • Directory URL: LDAP://hostname.example.com or GC://hostname.example.com.
  2. Click Save and then click Test to verify the connection was successful. Users can now be added from Active Directory by clicking the + symbol next to All Users then following the on-screen prompts.

Adding your company directory to BES10 2014-03-13 07.png

Did you know that PRIV & the DTEK50 come with 12 months of free, complimentary support?

PRIV: Call 1-866-533-8067 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

DTEK50: Call 1-855-556-2522 (Canada\USA), or 0800-141-3330 (UK)

Follow me on Twitter and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Adding your company directory to BES10

nice feature but for us we want to sync a public folder instead so this iswhat we have done

Not the best solution but it works very well for offline outlook, BB smart phones and active sync devices

This also teaches the user how to better manage their contacts via categories.

Also we have outlook do lookups in the personell list (copy to favorites and enable address book) and not use GAL.
HR can manage it easier from a public folder too as an added bonus.

How users update:
go to contacts
View arrange by category
Delete catagory personnel list

Goto public folders/personnel list
highlight first user
press ctrl a
Drag drop into contact folder

is this easy enough? All of our users do it this way for the last 6 years but now we use CodeTwo to sync from public folders to users mailbox contacts or subfolder (subfolders not supported on andriod but TouchDown app supports it) , set it once and forget it.

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-folder-sync/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V