Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: Rogers

Android Secure Work Space and notifications

I'm testing the BES10 for our company with an Android phone configured with the secure work space.

Everything works fine in the secure enviroment on the phone (email/contacts/browsing) without a snag.

The one troubling thing is that once the phone is locked,the screen off,  there is no audible notification of new mails/ appointments etc.

I understand fact that all this is happening in the secure enviroment on the phone but without a mechanism for a user to get alerts to new mail or appointments without always physically logging in to the workspace it's kind of pointless.

If in the personal space with the screen off or locked, upon entering the pin to get in the notification bar will just say 'A secure app is trying to notify you' with the 'Title' as we've selected that notification option in the It workspace policy.

Selecting the message will then bring up the secure workspace pin entry to get to the mail.

My question is that the way it's intended to work in the sense that you will not hear any audible notification once the screen blanks or you lock your phone?

Also for reference we have auto lock disabled and the 'Time after work space locks set to a day' , why is it prompting for a password to get back into the workspace after a screen off or phone lock?

Also even if the workspace was locked is there no way to actually get a audible notification for meeting reminders or new mail to work?

Hopefully someone has seen this behaviour and can assist.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Android Secure Work Space and notifications

I am testing both IOS devices and Android devices hoping that there is a work around to this as well. It seems that it is a shame that there is no notifications when the secure workspace  is closed. and each time you have to open up the app just to see if you have something new in IOS

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Thought I'd bump this - we are frustrated by the same issues!

New Contributor
My Device: No Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone

Did you get a resolution to this issue?  I'm having the same problem.

Thanks,

Jo

New Contributor
My Device: No Blackberry
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I have resolved the issue for IOS but I can't for Android, I get soundlees alert - a secrue app is trying to notify you.  Is there anyway I can get this to make a sound?

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: digicel

I have sucessfully set up my BES 10 server . i have added my andriod device to the UDS but i cant figure out how to get my exchange mailbox.

is there a specific app that i need to view it??

Contributor

Hinkhig,

In the UDS, click the Library link on the top bar.  Expand the Work Space IT Policy section, and choose your Work Space (it's probably called Default Work Space).  Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Notification Level".  Change that to "Show All Information".

You must be running at least BES 10.2.  We went to 10.2 and immediatly applied MR1, but I'm pretty sure you get the new notifications with 10.2.

Dustin

Contributor

Greys,

Thought I'd add that 10.2 fixes the "closed workspace no notifications" issue.  Our iDevices now get properly notified after we upgraded BES to 10.2.  Your Exchange servers will also need the UDS certificate from your BES imported into the Trusted Root Cert Auth store.  Reference Blackberry KB34664.

Dustin

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Administrator
My Carrier: E-Plus Germany

This was exactly my question a couple of weeks ago...

This depends on what type of activation you choose. In my case I've selected "Work and Personal - User privacy". In this case, upon activation, user is notified that there are few apps which must be installed. From there user will be led to Google Play store where he is prompted to install Work Space MGR, Work Space and Docs to Go.WORK. After that user is prompted to define a Work Space password. Is the password configured, you find email, calender, contacts etc. directly available within the Work Space itself.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Administrator
My Carrier: E-Plus Germany

Yes, I can confirm it also. Running BES 10.2. The notifications work without problems. Both visually and audibly. This worked before installing MR1 also.