Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Appworld:// wont load inside the Browser when Z10 is activated as EMM - Regulated (work space only)

hi guys

been at it for a few days but cant get AppWorld to load.

my understanding is that when Z10 is activated as EMM - Regulated with BES10 it is running in a single Work only workspace and all the browsing is done via BES10. when i do www.whatismyip.com is see the external IP address of our BES10 server. other websites load fine. Cisco Pix allows traffic for HTTP/HTTPS/3101 between external BES ip and internal BES ip.

Also i am able to push apps via BDS10 and they show up under "Blackberry World - Work \ Public Apps". then users can download / install them. But the issue is that some people have Blackberry IDs with purchased apps from the past (when we had EMM - Balanced). they would like be able to download them back to their devices. If I login with their Blackberry IDs at appworld.blackberry.com via PC browser, i can see their purchased apps as well as Z10s PIN in the device list. I click to install / send those apps but i never receive the link on the BB device.

so in the end, does BBWorld-Work app in EMM-regulated desktop allows Apps only to be installed via BDS Software configuration / deployment policy? users themselves can never purchase apps via their own BB ID?

is this the reason via browsing to appworld.blackberry.com blocked?

thank you

Rejus

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Appworld:// wont load inside the Browser when Z10 is activated as EMM - Regulated (work space only)

[ Edited ]

well it seems that "appworld://" simply launches personal Blackberry World app NOT BBWorld-work. if you are activated as EMM-Balanced and are currently on Work desktop, when you open a web Browser and navigate to appworld.blackberry.com it converts to appworld:// and launches Blackberry World app from Personal desktop. Since EMM-Regulated does not have a personal side with a personal Blackberry Wold app, you get an error message "Unable to load appworld:// " since Blackberry World =//= Blackberry World-work .

I hope someone can confirm this