Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BAS assignments unavailable

Hi,

I'm using the BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter and when I try to move a user from one database to another, I get a "Validation_Complete_Warnings".

It says: "basConfig, BAS assignments unavailable - BUA test call failed, check credentials and that BUA is configured for the correct domain".

Any idea ?

I'm pretty new to the BlackBerry world and I've been assigned the 4.1 (version 4.1.3.18)  to 5.0 migration project Smiley Surprised

I've installed version 5 on a new server and I'm trying to move a user to do some tests before migrating all the users.

Thanks for the help. It's apreciated

Sebastien

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

Re: BAS assignments unavailable

[ Edited ]

I do not think your transportation will ever work as your current BES 4.1.3 is not supported.  See below.

(1) For Exchange BES:

The BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter supports the migration of user accounts from the following environments to BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange version 5.0 or later:
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange version 4.0 SP7
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange versions 4.1 SP4, SP5, and SP6
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange version 5.0 or later

(2) For Domino BES

The BlackBerry Enterprise Transporter supports the migration of user accounts from the following environments to BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino version 5.0 or later:
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino version 4.0 SP7
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino versions 4.1 SP4, SP5, and SP6
• BlackBerry Enterprise Server for IBM Lotus Domino version 5.0 or later

Source: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/7250/BlackBerry_Enterprise_Transporter_Guide.pdf

Also, there are requiremens on the mail servers versions as well as device versions too.  I suggest that you read up first before you end up having to clear some mess.

Message Edited by noname on 07-05-2009 05:57 AM

Hi Sebastien,

I am in a similiar position being on 4.1.3, moving to 5.0.   Do you mind sharing what solution you used to move the users?  did you do it manually?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

Depending on how many users you have, the easiest thing to do would be to upgrade to 4.1.6 (or 4.1.7 when it comes out) and then use the transporter.

If you only have a few users (and they don't mind) you always have the option of wiping and activating each HH to the new server, but the Enterprise Transporter would be much less painful.

Hi,

We used the Enterprise Transporter. It worked great and flawlessly.

I tried one user first and it worked great (from 4.x to 5 or from 5 to 4.x).

Sebastien