Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

Installed SQL express and ran the statement, still won't allow me to login with the provided u/p. It did complete the statement correctly.  Anyway to manualy do that?

My Device: Blackberry Enterprise Server Express
My Carrier: n/a

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

Anybody have a bead on this? This is driving me absolutely crazy... just got this installed and can't, for the life of me, get signed in.

Let me make sure I've got this straight:

First, we have a user mailbox set up in Exchange Server 2010 named BESadmin (which, of course, creates a corresponding account in AD). This is used for I-have-no-idea-what.

The web-based "Blackberry Administration Service" can be signed in to using an AD account, but neither administrator nor BESadmin work so I have to try using Blackberry Administration Service as my authentication method.

Presumably, when using BAS as the login method, the login name is admin. But that isn't working. So I look in the BDOUsers table and see one row in there, for a user with a null LoginName and null LoginPassword.

I have edited the row, setting the LoginName to everything from admin to adminstrator to BESadmin to BASadmin. And the LoginPassword is, supposedly, a hash (according to this thread) but I can't get anything to work.

Could somebody PLEASE take a moment to clarify for me what accounts should be set up where and how they work together?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

when setting up BES never use domain\administrator for anything on it, PERIOD!

The BESAdmin service account is used to admin the BES server and is also used for permissions to access user mail boxes for reading contents and for Send As. You should also make sure not to enable AD auth for BAS incase somethings goes wrong. Using SQL auth will create a sort of back door to get in and is reccomnended.

When installing BAS the admin account is used for access to BAS as a second login, in case of the BESAdmin account should have something go wrong.

What is the exact error you get when trying to login?

also have you checked the BAS AS logs for errors?

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thank you knottyrope & Gary for this solution!  It worked for me.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to see its doing some good.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: 9750
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello,

Thanks for providing that SQL script.  I hope it will fix my issue, when after dong a reinstall I am unable to log in with my besadmin credentials.

I get this error msg when running the .sql file

Msg 2812, Level 16, State 62, Line 28
Could not find stored procedure 'SetUpBASorADAuthentication'.

TCP/IP and named pipes - enabled.

Is this because I am on BES Express 5.0.2 build 14 and not BES?

Many thanks in advance

Guru III
My Device:

never tried it with BES express, but it should work.

Did you use SSMS?

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Just came across this post.

If anyone is interested, just make a bat file with the text i've pasted at the bottom of this post and it will decode your current password. No need to reset!

Just replace the stars in my file with the hash from your besmgmt.

You might also want to make sure that the java version is correct.

Text is below:

cd C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\bin

BasUtility "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_15" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS" decode ********************************

pause

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
My Device: Not Specified

Hey, I dont know if it is related but after I went ahead and tried that script that was in your post. I am getting tons of event ID 5009 errors saying that it cannot connect to the database. After I ran the query I was able to go into the blackberry server configuration tool and test the database connection and all was well until i rebooted the server. Now i cant get into the Blackberry configuration tool and I am afraid that everything is broken. Please help

I also followed a tutorial yesterday to change the BESAdmin password in AD and how to do it in all of the services and restart them. I don't know if that was worth mentioning but I am just letting you know all that I did. Please help.... 

My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

What I did to resolve the problem on BES Express was the following:

1. Reset the password with Active Directory Users and Computers for the besadmin account.

2. Update the logon password for all the Blackberry Services in the Services console.

3. Restart the running Blackberry Services from the Services console.

4. In the Blackberry Server Configuration tool on the Administration Service - AD Settings tab, update the password with the new password and Apply the changes.

5. Login to the Web Admin

I was not sure if the Blackberry Server Configuration tool was going to reset the password on the Blackberry Services, perhaps a Blackberry Support Agent could confirm for the community?