Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB HTTP Error

Hello,

I have an Blackberry 9900 that couldn`t connect to the internet with its BB-Browser.

Error:

"HTTP-Fehler 500: Interner Serverfehler" "Eine unerwartete Bedingung ist aufgetreten, weshalb Ihre Anfrage nicht ausgeführt werden konnte. dies ist...."

translated:

"HTTP Error 500: internal servererror. An unexpected condition occurs. Your inquires couldn`t executed.."

On other BBs with the same policy the access to internet with BB-Browser is working fine.

Some ideas? Thanks!

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB HTTP Error

Is this occurring for all sites or just one site?  You may want to enable HTTP logging on your MDS-CS so it will log this traffic and help narrow down where the failure is taking place.  What version of BES are you running this device on?

Contributor

I have an update.

This problem has occured on all devices with firmware <6.x.

Reason: The BES has lost its proxy settings. After reconfigure the proxysettings and restarting the server, the settings lost a second time! Now, after configuring the settings a third time and restarting, the settings are remainig and all version 4 and 5 devices are using the proxy and browsing is ok. So this problem is solved.

But now all blackberries >version 6 are don`t using the proxysettings. It seems that they don`t using the mds browser! They can browse all sites in the internet additional these wich are forbidden in the proxy.

So I know RIM has changed the browser behaviour from verion 5 to 6. So version 6 clients can decide wich component they are using. MDS browing or browsing over the NOC.

Does someone know something more about this feature and how to configure the BES that all devices have to use the proxy!

Thanks

BlackBerry Employee

Have you set a service exclusivity policy?  There are directions for this in KB24182, it also includes specific considerations for OS 6 and 7.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i posted info too here on it

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/BES-5-03-and-Proxysettings/td-p/...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

If I disallow other browsers I can`t brows over WIFI!

If I disallow external conneections, There is no way to communicate with SMS, Messenger and other browsers (WAP)

I think the version 6 policies which I habe to import, haven`t no solution for it.

BlackBerry Employee

You could try the "Wi-Fi Internet Access Path" IT Policy rule (KB23701).  It is part of the OS 6 policies.  If you are on your corporate WiFi your device should connect to the BlackBerry Router Service over the WiFi connection for all BlackBerry traffic including browsing. 

You may also find this article useful, it covers the transport selection process: KB23699

Contributor

Hello,

I have to correct my last answer.

I have set the policy setting "disallow other browser" and after that I can browse with the bb browser over WIFI over our proxy server.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

so your good to go now?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I thought I can live with this but now I have recognized that the BB Appcenter isn`t working. But this is an must have!

So everything backwoard and forget this sh....

Thanks!