Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

BB create Calendar = Unlisted Message Error

We are using BES 5.0 on Windows Server 2003.

22 devices have activated just fine and can send/receive email/tasks and can receive calendar appointments via Exchange 2007 - but only after they ACCEPT in Outlook.

Open issues:

- BB unable to see new calendar invites upon receipt (no option to accept/reject on the BB)

- BB gets calendar appointments, but only after they've been accepted in Outlook

- BB can't generate a calendar appointment where another person is added as an Invite (this results 100% of time in an Unlisted Message Error)

* We've only been using BES for two months and nobody is trained on it. No real profiles defined on the server. BES accounts are created via Active Directory query by email address.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Re: BB create Calendar = Unlisted Message Error

This sounds like a permissions issue.

Follow this document how to set appropriate permissions step-by-step:

BlackBerry/Exchange permissions

Another test (per user) on the BES server you can run to check and see if permissions are correctly set:

Open a command prompt:

Go to the BES Utility directory, path below:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>

and run IEMSTest.exe.

A box will pop up and just hit Ok (unless you have more than one profile set up on the BES), then choose a user that you're experiencing the problem with (Select and hit Ok), then in the command prompt window, you should see all tests (about 5) come back successfully. 

New Contributor

So I ran IEMSTest.exe and the first time, I got the dialogue, entered in my username, and after a second or so, it dropped me back to a command prompt with:

"OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004001d).

Now, trying to run the program again, it asks for an Exchange Profile, I hit enter on the only profile option and again it drops me straight to a command prompt with same error above.

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've also found thread relating to resetting the GUID for the Exchange server:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331972(EXCHG.80).aspx

Did this as well with no change.