Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Re: BB10 Exchange ActiveSync Issue?

I just installed the update again via Blackberry.com/update but still the same error.

I'm in progress at the moment to get more infos from rim about that problem. Because the issue consists if i use a device which is connected to an BDS 6.2 or if the device is connected directly to our Exchange Server via ActiveSync.

We also opened a ticket with Microsoft, but no response yet.

Regards

Dan

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 | STL100-2 | 10.1.0.2354
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

YES thats true it doesn´t matter if the blackberry is connected via native activesync or BDS 6.x.

But activesync works with a iOS device fine, so i think it is not an Microsoft/Exchange issue but i loved to hear the answer from the Microsoft-Support in this case  

Blackberry Z10 | STL100-2 | 10.1.0.2354
BDS 10.1.1.20
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have exactly the same problems with my Z10 devices and T-Mobile.

I then inserted a Vodafone SIM into the device and got the offer for an Update to 10.0.10.99 but the problem persists even with the newer firmware.

Regards

Stefan

New Contributor

Re: BB10 Exchange ActiveSync Issue? - Problem fixed!!

Dear all,

I just fixed the problem here!

Open Exchange Management console and go to Server configuration - Client Access. Highlight your Exchange server and edit the Active Sync properties below. Open tab "Authentication" and choose "ignore client certificates".

Immediately after this change I could send photos and attachments from my Z10 without any problem.

I hope this will fix it for you as well.

Regards

Stefan

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 | STL100-2 | 10.1.0.2354

Hey Webkemmi,

you right that fixed the issue :-)

But it is one big mess so now i have to choose:

if i want to send attachments from the BB or

authenticate via cert :-(

that´s really makes no fun anymore. In the moment BB 10 is not really Enterprise usable

Regrads Sascha 

Blackberry Z10 | STL100-2 | 10.1.0.2354
BDS 10.1.1.20
New Contributor

Hi BB-SH,

It's not necessary a mess, It depends. We have our ActiveSync Server in the DMZ. On this one i wouldn't change the cert authentification. But with the BDS you can connect to your intern CAS Servers there i wouldn't have a problem to change the settings to ignore.

Regards

Dan

Contributor
My Device: BES10, BDS
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DSimmer's fix is good for Basic Authentication only. If certificate based authentication is required for microsoft exchagne activesync, you need to enable the option for "require client certificates". In this case, to make sure you can send, reply, or forward a large attachment from your BB10 device successfully, you need to increase the uploadReadAheadSize value in the IIS metabas on your exchange CAS server accordingly.

The command below shows how to set the uploadReadAheadSize value to 10MB:

appcmd.exe set config -section:system.webserver/serverruntime /uploadreadaheadsize: 10485760 /commit:apphost

See the following link for some details: http://www.expta.com/2010/02/how-to-securely-deploy-iphones-with_25.html

Trusted Contributor

Thanks... this solved my issue.