Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 32475293523

BBZ10 battery drain due to indexing

Dear 

We have around 20-25 Blackberry Z10 units and have a real problem on all of them.
When booting up, the unit stays several days on high CPU load ( 2-3 h battery life) 
When you keep the unit powered on, this stops and goes to normal behaviour.

The problem is this starts again as soon as your battery gets drained again ....
For us it is an indexing problem in the unit. We have disabled wlan and mobile > same problem ( no data connection )
Units are on most recent build 10.2.1.2977
We synchronize arond 33K contacts from our outlook contact folder, pushed by a synchro app to outlook to the individual user contact folder from CRM. We have disabled the service for a couple of weeks to be sure the synchro app was not the cause of this .

Can you please help / advise ? 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BBZ10 battery drain due to indexing

[ Edited ]

Are these BES10 account devices?

Go to your Settings > Security and Privacy > Diagnostics, and turn OFF the Send diagnostic and usage data.

Also, open your Contacts application. Swipe down from the top bezel to Settings > scroll to bottom > Search for Contact details > and uncheck that.

Both of those settings will lessen the initial data exchange with the "cloud" in the first few days of use.

Now, After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device and at initial setup of a new device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 32475293523

Yes, bes10 account devices

Unchecked diagnostics, search for contact info was unchecked

48-72 hours is OK, but it restarts again as soon as the unit reboots ....

so in case it drains the battery because you're travelling , it is a never ending story ....

Thanks for your fast response !!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'll as a mod to move this thread over to the BES10 section of the forum.

@knottyrope may have a suggestion for you about the contacts syncing after each reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code