Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BDS 6.2 email profile for Lotus Traveler 8.5.3

I'm not sure where this is going wrong.  I'm activating a BB Z10 on BDS 6.2 with an email profile server name set to http://server.domain.com/servlet/traveler.  User email settings are email address, domain blank, username.  When I activate the phone the Traveler account is added, and all settings for contacting the Traveler server appear to be correct.  The problem appears to be the profile is not passing the correct information, because the Hub does not sync to the email, the calendar does not update, and personal contacts are not added to the device.  If I update the account password, I get message saying the server for account "User" can't be reached.  

I know the Traveler can connect to the Z10, becuase if I delete the activated account I can add the Traveler account through the Add Account>Microsoft Exchange account.  If I use the same server settings, and user credentials, the Traveler account activates and email, calendar, contact, etc sync.   On the Traveler I have the "Prohibit devices incapable of security enablement" under the Windows Mobile tab is checked off.  I have seen a reference to that being a problem, but it was never turned on.  

I would love to be able to look at the phone logs to see what is happening (like on the old BB), but I don't see where I can.  Does anyone know of a way to view the logs, or a reason why the Traveler won't connect if the information is pushed from the BES?

BDS 5.0.3.31
BDS 6.2
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Traveler 9
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: BDS 6.2 email profile for Lotus Traveler 8.5.3

In exactly the same predicament myself and am eager to find a solution. After reading various posts, some say that it can take hours for synch to fully complete and that there is no progress update either on the device or on the server itself.

Not impressed so far with the support/documentation provided by Blackberry considering this may be their last big effort to convince people back to the brand.

Contributor

I don't think this is a delay issue.  I've had a phone waiting 3 horus for the Traveler to sync.  If I go to Setting>Accounts>Activated Traveler Account>Advanced>Update Password to re-enter the password, the connection runs and then returns the server cannot be contacted.  The address it shows is correct.  I can login directly to the Traveler with the address, from a desktop.  I think it has something to do with either the username or how the password is being passed from the account.  If I do a non-BES new Account setup with Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync to the Traveler, using the same connection information as in the BES email profile, the phone connects and sync's with Lotus in a couple of minutes.  This is definately something about how the BES is passing the Traveler information to the phone, but I cannot figure out where the issue is.  Old BB allowed you to look at the phone logs, so you could diagnose these sorts of issues.  Z10 only allows for the log to be generated and sent to BlackBerrry.  Not a great deal of help.  

BDS 5.0.3.31
BDS 6.2
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Traveler 9
Contributor

Me too - I've had it waiting around for a good few hours now although after allowing the connection last night at approx 11pm, I woke this morning to find it had pulled down some folders (although no mail inside them were viewable) and the traveler server has a 'last sync' time of 9:10am this morning which is a nice 10 hours or so after which the device had been authorised to use the server.

At the moment I'm in two minds as whether to let it run for a good amount of time again and see what happens or to bin off the idea of going through the BES for now and connect to the traveler server directly like I do with my SGS2.

This big push on 'The Blackberry Experience' sure is just that.....

Its shame as this Z10 is a world apart from their Storms

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Same here... I have the exact same issue you two have.

The funny thing is, it's working super fine with a Playbook device.  But it's a no go with the Z10.

I've open a case with RIM, and they suggested me to use SSL instead of port 80 for Active Sync.  What do you two use?  Port 80 or 443 for Active Sync? 

Contributor

Using port 80 at the moment. So using SSL might be another option to try although I'd have expected less problems using port 80 as it works fine for the iPads and Androids we have on the server for testing already that aren't being touched by BES or BDS.

Sounds like its time to interupt the iOS and Android services to try and get this Z10 working. We haven't bothered so far with Playbooks after finding users needed Blackberry Bridge to access their email and therefore increasing the chance of data usage costs when roaming. Do the playbooks work natively now without a need to connect through BB Bridge or another device providing they have a Wi-Fi or cellular connection?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm curious to see if Javavibe also uses port 80. I'll get on it right away and will be posting some result(Putting Traveler on port 443). And yes, playbook works fine on Wifi through the BES10. That's great!
Contributor

I'm using port 80.

BDS 5.0.3.31
BDS 6.2
Lotus Traveler 8.5.3
Lotus Traveler 9
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

1. In MS Active Directory ensure that the email address field is populated.
  2. In BDS set up the following EMail profile:
    • Type: Activesync
    • Server name: yyy.zzz.com/servlet/traveler
    • Use SSL: Yes
    • Push Enabled: Yes
    • Days to synchronize: Whatever you wish
    • Interval: 15 minutes
    • Email sync: Yes
    • Calendar sync: Yes
    • Contact sync: Yes
    • Memo sync: Yes
    • Task sync: Yes
  3. In the user setup use the following account settings:
    • Override MS Active Sync: Yes
    • Account Name: iNotes Username
    • Email Address: Email Address
    • Domain: Blank
    • Username: iNotes Username
  4. Generate an activation email 
  5. On the Blackberry 10 device go to Settings
  6. Accounts
  7. Add Account
  8. Email, Calendar and Contacts
  9. Press the Advanced button instead of entering an email address
  10. Select Work Account
  11. Enter iNotes Username
  12. Enter Activation Password
  13. Enter SRP Address
  14. If your Traveler environment requires approval you'll now need to approve the device there.
  15. The Blackberry will connect via the Blackberry Infrastructure, routing through the Blackberry Dispatcher Service on the BDS server, and then connecting to Traveler. 
Contributor
My Device: BES V5.0.3
My Carrier: Telstra

Hi All,

I am having the same problem with iOS devices.  Mine, however, activates OK but as soon as i make a change to a policy or push an app out it trashes the Traveler profile and I have to remove and start again.

Has anyone seen this problem?  I logged a ticket with BB TS but they were unable to locate anyting in th logs even when it happened as they were watching the logs.

Thanks

Simon