Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Re: BDS 6.2 email profile for Lotus Traveler 8.5.3

Hi Cdavies,

One more clarification please. While we activate through BDS, will there be any device shown in Traveler console as it does when we activate directly through Traveler?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi vkurian,

If activating the same device that you've activated directly to Traveler, then this device should carry on and use the document already showing under the devices list on the messaging tab of the Traveler server in Domino Admin.

If setting up a new device, I would new entry should appear in this section for the device you are activating through the BDS. This is a nessecity if you have device control on the Traveler side turned on (as I do). I received an email advising of the request to access the Traveler server and to state whether the device should be approved for use or not. Even if the device is not approved, a device document will remain in the list of devices but will be listed as 'Unapproved'. I know this is not the case in your environment as you do not use this method of control but this is more of an FYI incase it was something you were considering.

Hope the above helps.

Contributor

We have not enabled that control to "Approve" the device activation so it would not be an issue. I have tried to delete the device document in Travler database which it had generated while activating directly from Traveler and then activated through BDS. It shows the device is activated rom BDS user details, workspace created on the device but no device details in Lotus Traveler Devices and no mails on the device yet. BB support had asked me to wipe it and retry now. Let me try this too.  

Contributor

When you say you have 'tried to delete the device document', are you having problems removing it or were you succesful in removing it?

Just to confirm, your device 'last contact date' on the BDS is current?

I would be very tempted for a fresh install if your in an environment where this is possible. Especially if the hard reset/wipe of the Z10 doesn't fix the issue.

Contributor

I was able to delete it. Last updated date and time is showing correctly. BB support had now suggested changing the ports which will be their next step if wiping fails. I will end up in reinstalling it seems. Thanks davies for your replies.
Contributor

Ports only usually a problem if BDS is installed on Traveler server and they're both fighting for 443.

Good luck anyway and post back if still no joy.

Contributor

I did security wipe and the device doesn't start. It starts with a screen showing connect to PC. Connected to PC and still nothing happens. Digging crackberry forums to recover it now. Driving me nuts really. I hate BB now Smiley Sad

Contributor

Sounds like a firmware fault on the device. It is a Z10 you are using?

Contributor

Using Z10..I could see there are lot more victims. Downloading bootloader now.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Just as a couple of notes: After the BB10 device has been registered on both Traveler and BDS it takes roughly 30 to 40 minutes to finish the first Activesync, and about 10 minutes before anything shows up at all, I found calendar was first to start populating.
Also BB10 works pretty good with Traveler only, I tested it for a few days. It does run encrypted over the internet (SSL over Activesync) but it won't use the dedicated Blackberry Infrastructure. I really strongly recommend separate VMs for each of these systems. Domino Mail, Traveler, BDS and UDS should all be on their own servers, I uninstalled Mobile Fursion, its pretty but uses up a lot of resources and I didn't find it useful. Also make sure the the Traveler server does not accept un-authenticated access and that you have a valid SSL for it.