Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

BES 10.1.1 Controlling signatures for devices

i am back with a question.

In old BES5 it was possible to push signature to devices using the corresponding state DB (using Domino). Writig corporate signatures in the fild in the state DB was immediately pushed into the signature field of the device and every answer or new mail got this signature appended.

Now, with bes10 it seems that every device owner has to set on his own a corporate signature in his device. Really bad, there is no control of the corporate identity of the signatures.

I want to ask, if there are possibilities to set the signature into a field in the SQL DB to be pushed to the device. There are no ways to control it in BAS.

A SQL query to all tables and fields doesn't show any convenient fields. And, if i set a signature in the device, this information is not pushed back to the SQL DB.

This has to be addressed very soon from BB. Many customer are asking for that feature, to control the corporate signatures from an admin.

My Device: 8700
My Carrier: Germany

Re: BES 10.1.1 Controlling signatures for devices

in my opinion the corporate signature is handled with the mail backend, ie Exchange.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

IMO signatures in BES was a pain and we have moved to CodeTwo software to control them now.

Exchange 2010 has some nice features as well for signatures but since we needed more granular control we ended up using CodeTwo. Now users dont need to put in any signature and all controlled by IT in one place on the exchange server and info entered into AD. I dont think EAS has a way to force signature.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

there are several ways to set signatures. One way is to set only the personal information in the new mail on the device and append the rest eg. legal disclaimer on the server. Onother way is to set the whole signature directly on the device and there are no server disclaimer.

I have controlled the signatures for old BES in the state-DB of every user.  It seems, that BB has forgot a signature field in the BES10 environment. Devices becomes nice and user friendly (i like it, too) but ther are less functions to control. I assume the customers are dissatisfied after some time because of the less of functions they are attuned to the old BES.