Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

BES 10.2.1 Upgrade from 10.1.2

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade to BES 10.2.1 and take advantage of the Work space only activation type.  We run Domino / Traveler.

I have checked and completed all the pre-requisite tasks as far as I can see.  I am unclear on a couple of points. 1.  My CALs state version 10.1.  Do I need to trade these up to 10.2?  If so, how do I go about doing this.

2.  Where do I get the Bes upgrade Software from.  Is it a case of downloading the large files from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=2A2107D1BCB556A30424FAEDE85797A2 or is there another area where upgrade packages are available.

3.  Do I need to upgrade to version 10.2 and then upgrade again to 10.2.1 or can I just go straight to 10.2.1.

4..  Is there a specific CAL for EMM regulated.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 10.2.1 Upgrade from 10.1.2

RichPard wrote:

Hi All,

I am looking to upgrade to BES 10.2.1 and take advantage of the Work space only activation type.  We run Domino / Traveler.

I have checked and completed all the pre-requisite tasks as far as I can see.  I am unclear on a couple of points. 1.  My CALs state version 10.1.  Do I need to trade these up to 10.2?  If so, how do I go about doing this.

2.  Where do I get the Bes upgrade Software from.  Is it a case of downloading the large files from https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=2A2107D1BCB556A30424FAEDE85797A2 or is there another area where upgrade packages are available.

3.  Do I need to upgrade to version 10.2 and then upgrade again to 10.2.1 or can I just go straight to 10.2.1.

4..  Is there a specific CAL for EMM regulated.

Thanks

1 yes they have to be upgraded

2 downlod a new trial if you want or download the upgrade file

3 yes, 10.2 then apply MR1

4 yes, you need the right CAL

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Knotty: 10.1 CALs need to be updated to 10.2?

Sure?

When yes: where / how?

I thought the 10.1 CALs are latest version.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can see the coices here to goto BES 10.2

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html#how-to-get-it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook + Z10 + Z30

Thanks.

Last time i had a look on this side there was no action needed for 10.1 customers.

BB sucks a liitle bit with changing their license and CAL model every few weeks w/o any notice by email for registered customers.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: EE

Hi KnottyRope,

Thanks for the Reply

1 How do I go about upgrading the CALs.  Is there a trade up site that I am missing.  I am running 'live' CALs, not trial

2 I can't find any upgrade files to download.  The files I see appear to be large, full files I assume.  I was looking at the location I posted previously.  Is this the correct place to get files?

3 OK

4 Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

knottyrope wrote:

you can see the coices here to goto BES 10.2

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html#how-to-get-it

go to page above to get your CALs and software