Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t-mobile

BES 10.2.2.7 - Workside App World Problem

Hi,

i've got a Problem with our BES 10.2.2.7 Server.
On the work side (after I've activated BlackBerry Balance on the device) I can't see any Apps in the BlackBerry World.

Since i can use the work browser i don't think that it is a proxy problem.

Following Steps are done:

- Adding apps to the software configuration and add this one to the specify user

- Adding the proxy at BlackBerry solution topology -> component view -> BlackBerry Device Service and also created a proxy profile which is added to the user

- Adding a shared network folder so i can push apps as well (At component view- > BlackBerry Administration Service)

But still there is the problem that i can't see any applications at the work App World that I've added (from BB World and with the shared network folder).

Any ideas?

New Developer

Re: BES 10.2.2.7 - Workside App World Problem

push

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Hi,

Are these internal apps or publics apps from BB World that you published? Is the disposition set to required or optional. If they are required you will see a deployment job/task scheduled for this on the BAS. Any record of the apps being pushed?

Do you see any errors in the EMWS logs? Any issues with the EMWS service, anything logged in event viewer?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Developer

hi,

thank you for your reply.

I've added internal and public apps from the BB World to the software configuration but I can't  see any of them.

And the internal apps were added as required.

I checked the deployment tasks at "Manage deployment job tasks" but there was no record for the applications.

With the EMWS it is the same as it seems. Or probably I just didnt found it there.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

When you say internal and public apps, you need to distnguish both clearly.

Internal means a .bar file that you push to the devices which are then viewable under company apps in BlackBerry World for Work. Which internals apps have you deployed?

BlackBerry World apps are just added via a link and are then viewed under public apps in BlackBerry World for Work.

Did you select the correct date/time when you first added the apps? Make sure the correct date has been specified otherwise you won't see the results under deployment tasks..send a screenshot of this

What about the application event logs? Anything in there related to the BES10 services, notably EMWS?

Have you restarted EMWS?

A couple of things to check here:

Check that the proxy assigned to each BDS instance allows access to 'download.appworld.blackberry.com' or even better *.blackberry.com

Is your BES highly available? If so, can you failover to the other node to see if it works?

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy