Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

BES 10.2.2. Can't apply IT Policy to activated devices

I can't apply IT Policies any more. I guess the problem occoured after installing 10.2. MR2.

Enterprise activation is ok, sync works perfectly, but no IT policy is delivered to device.

It's not device or device OS related. Wiped my perfectly running device and activated again: no policy any more.

Removing from policy group and applying policy directly or trying different Policies has no effect.

There are no pending tasks shown, looks like the 'resend IT Policy' command isn't executed.

'IT Policy sent' and 'IT Policy status' colums stay blank on newly activated devices.

Resend IT Policy on earlier activated devices seems to be successfull, says 'Pending', 'Applied successfully' and shows a new timestamp.

Restarted Enterprise Management Web Service and even rebooted servers, no effect.

I opened up a support ticket at Blackberry, but no answer up to now.

Google gets me no hints either.

Enviromnent:

BES 10.2.2. (Bundle 19)

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard SP1 64-bit

Exchange: Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU4 (14.03.0174.001)

SQL Cluster: SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 (10.50.4000.0)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BES 10.2.2. Can't apply IT Policy to activated devices

Solution:

Stop the Administrative Services on both nodes (Application Server & Native Code Container).

Restart the Services on primary Node.

Wait until the Service is in memory > 1GB.

Start the Administrative Console, apply another IT Policy to a device , show Tasks and check, if the Policy is applied.

Start the services on the second node.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Hi,

Interesting resolution! Was this confirmes by BlackBerry support? Is it a bug on 10.2.x as I've seen this quite a bit on this version for several clients...

Thanks

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
New Contributor

This solution is from BB Support. First I thought, I was the only person facing this problem and RIM couldn't help me.

But then I had a real pro on the line who analyzed and solved my problem quickly.

Seems to be 'Best practice' to start the Administrative Services only on one node and to be patient, until the services got their 1GB memory before proceeding.