Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Optus

BES 10.2 Certificate Retrieval Settings

Has anyone actually set this up and have it working yet?

I used the autoloader to upgrade my Z10 to 10.2.1.XXXX and I cant seem to get the S/MIME certs fetching to work correctly. I followed the doco here, and everything looks to be configured correctly but my handset still says "No certificate found" after thinking about it for a few seconds.

Ive double checked to make sure that LDAP is connectedable, and I can access it from our BES10 host to both our domain controllers.  

There isnt even a "Check this log file to see where its failing" or anyhting like that to check. Smiley Sad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 10.2 Certificate Retrieval Settings

if this is a leaked OS it might not be a function they implemented on it. It was made for deveoplers to test their apps

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

knottyrope wrote:

if this is a leaked OS it might not be a function they implemented on it. It was made for deveoplers to test their apps

I suppose that could make sense. Not so much leaked OS, Getting ot from BB, Dev Alpha Device Software. 

There's a new version on the download page that im trying to pull and see if that works better.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

leak, beta, test

I would not expect full functions. I know many friends that have tested it and found some issues

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

What is the ldap service URL you are using?  If the port was 389 try changingit to port 3268 and waiting for the settings to push out and then try again.

also make sure if you are using simple auth that you are giving the domain/username as the id

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the post -BD-. THe LDAP string I have currently is ldap://DC.domain.com:389 (obivously changed), I will change the port to 3268 and test to see if it works. 

Simple auth is on, with e secure connection off. using LDAPExplorerTool 2 I have confitrmed the user account can access the LDAP fine on the target server.

Here are the settings: Linky

Is there anywhere I can check logs of anything for the LDAP connections?

BlackBerry Employee

Not that I've seen.  I just filter wireshark on ldap on the core server.

BlackBerry Employee

Also do your users exist at the level you have specified in the base query?  You have the search scope set to Base so it won't search any levels below that. 

New Contributor

-BD- wrote:

Also do your users exist at the level you have specified in the base query?  You have the search scope set to Base so it won't search any levels below that. 

Yep, the accounts I am testing with are all at that specific folder. I changed the port as you suggetsed and am still seeing the same reuslt "No cert found". And yes, we have secure email certs setup lol.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Germany

Hi together,

same problem here. Are there any news?

Cheers,

Thorsten