02-28-2014 09:32 AM
I made the switch from BES 5.0 last year to BES 10. Today I got the upgrade CAL email for a few different organizations that I deal with. With out reading the first email I just claimed the licenses, but did so to the wrong company. On the Blackberry Account Center I have only one account for two different organizations that I work for. Well of course it turned out to be against the wrong company.
What I need to do is unclaim them against that one company and reclaim them against the right one. Can someone point me in the right direction remove the claim against the one company and get them claimed against the other? Or do I have to pay Blackberry to do that?
Thanks in advance.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
02-28-2014 11:16 AM
you can unclaim them and then add to proper company, i have not done this in months but i do have two accounts on my login.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
03-18-2014 02:48 PM
I have not had any luck trying to get the license out of the other companies name. Do I have to claim it on the server, and then remove the entitlement item? Would that be the way I do it to get it back on my other company?
03-26-2014 04:54 AM
how can i unclaim the License from the wrong company?
We have a similar problem. Since last year we have a BES 10 Server running with the temporary License from the Trade-Up Program which expires on 31th March. Now we get the perpetual License from Blackberry. I see the Claim in our Account, but there is now a new second Company, with the same name like the old one . So our Server and the old License is attached to the old (and correct) Company, and the new License ist attached to the new Company.
03-26-2014 05:19 AM
Each customer should have their own BlackBerry account centre and the CALs will be associated to the Customer Host ID.
You need to open a ticket with the BlackBerry Support team .. Provide a summary/overview of what the end result needs to be:
Example: We have a customer who has claimed their order (50123456) under the wrong account. As a result they are unable to activate their license on their Server. Can you please move the following Activation ID (beselm-abc123-abc123-abc123-abc123) from 1000101010 to 1000202020?
Account # and Company Name is Located on upper right of screen, under language
Example: 1000123456 - Company Name (eABC123F-00)
03-26-2014 05:37 AM
i know you are right. I already opened a ticket, but unitl now the problem ist not fixed.
Now i saw this thread and want to know if there is a more simplier solution, perhaps to unclaim the License.
03-26-2014 06:01 AM
This also can only be done by BlackBerry Support team. . Once the claim is Done you cannot revert back ... Better push the BB support team to expidate your request ASAP..
03-26-2014 07:37 AM
Yes that is my problem, they want 250 dollars to make the service request. It seems dumb when it will only be like 3 clicks on their end to make that change in the data base so the Licenses are free again. I am not too happy about it. I was hoping I would just have to claim them under the wrong server and then take the entitlement away to make things easy, but I guess not. I am still trying to see what else I can do. But sounds like not much but make the call and pay 250 dollars....Although I guess I could open a new account? Get the complementary service again? Would that work?
03-26-2014 07:45 AM - edited 03-26-2014 07:45 AM
Create an account on the other server where you want to deploy the BES10 licenses.. and then you have to give them the details of your account as mentioned above and they will transfer to the correct account. .
We also faced this same issue 2 weeks ago and got the Licenses transfered from one account to other for Free. . how come they charge for you.. ?? strange. .
05-06-2014 02:36 PM
I have the exact same problem. I followed all the instructions to upgrade my licenses before the deadline and then claimed my licenses. After spending a few hours trying to figure out why the BES server would not apply the new licenses, I somehow discovered that there are 2 accounts with the same company name and address. The BES server is assigned to one Account Number and the Upgraded licenses are assigned to another Account Number.
I contacted support at Blackberry and they only sent me one email stating that I would have to purchase a support ticket to fix the problem. I emailed them back explaining that I didn't create a new account and also asked how it is possible to receive upgrade licenses to an account number that had no licenses assigned to it in the first place. I emailed a few times and never received another response.
I am an IT professional for 25 years now and have managed to purchase/upgrade/install BES from version 4 without any incident. This the first time I followed the email from Blackberry telling me to upgrade my licenses before the March deadline and they screwed this up.
It is now May and I have over 30 permanent licenses sitting in limbo on an account that does not have a BES server attached to it.
I am so frustrated with Blackberry right now that I have started telling the 16 companies I do IT support for that it is time to move to a different smartphone.