Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

BES 10 Setup

I'm Struggling to setup the new BES 10 environment  in our organization. Everything seems to be correct, the 3101 port is open on the firewall, all the services are running. Firstly I encountered a problem with EMWS service not starting, then there was an article that I must change the ports under Blackberry Enterprise Management Web Service, Enrollment port  & webssl port. I changed to 8099 and 8445. After restarting the dispatcher service, the EMWS service started to work. But I still can't activate any device. It returns an error saying "Connection to the server failed". Even when  I check under the log files it does not return any errors.

Please Advise

Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: MoviStar

Re: BES 10 Setup

Did you install all 3 components on one server?

There is a KB for doing that, if you didn't read the KB before installing the components you might as well rip them all out and start over, but first if you are running a 64bit server OS you need to into the registry and remove the Research In Motion key under the Wow6432Node key which I believe is in Local Mahine -> Software.

Otherwise the components won't install properlly.

If you made changes to all the ports during the installation and after then simply run the BDS installer again as the EMWS tends to fail (known bug occording to BBRY senior support) to update the Reseach In Motion key I told you about either from a partital installation or something they aren't sure about.

I had a problem with a server and EMWS not starting, I called T-Support and they put me onto a senior support tech who helped me fix it.

Contributor

What three componets you are refering to? are you talking about the BDS, UDS and Management Web Service?

Contributor

Yes, ther are only 3 components to BES10.0.0a.. BDS, UDS, and BMFS (Management Fusion Studio).

Contributor

Only installed the BDS service. I do not need the UDS at the moment.

is the a specific port number to use for EMWS or i should use any available ports?

Contributor

I still don't know what server you have installed BDS onto? Is ia Windows 2008/12 standalone or is an SBS server?

Contributor

its 2008 R2

Contributor

Standand alone?

You should have to change anything on standalone if BDS is only running, it when you device to install all 3 components onto one server (which works and is supported) that you have to change the ports during installation and after installation.

If EMWS is failing you should reinstall the BDS over top of itsself, EMWS fails to start usually because its missing a registry key, look in Local Machine -> Software -> Wow6432Node in there you should see a Research in Motion folder, drill into and there should be Logs key under the key should be a EMWS, if not reinstall BDS so it gets generated or it will continue to fail.

If it won't generate you may have to call T-Support and have a senior tech fix it for you.

Contributor

Thanks. I will try that.

Thanks again for your time :-)

Highlighted
Contributor

Sorry I ment to addd the EMWS failing to start is a known issue from what I was told by a senior support tech at BBRY T-Support and it usually fails from the EMWS log key not being generated is what happen in my case. 

Also it fails as well if you stop the installation then go back and reinstall it. I am surrpsied there isn't a KB from BBRY ont his.