Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: BES 10 and Lotus Domino/Notes

We tested it against Traveler 8.5.3 and it worked - unfortunately no words in BlackBerry docs to the required version of Traveler.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hi Oliwer, thanks a lot for your addition! Much appreciated! I have just installed yesterday Traveler 8.5.3 and will give it a go today !
Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

That is a good news. Which profile do we need to select then? I believe we don't need BDS to be installed for this to work isn't it? Thank you for your update.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Traveler 8.5.3 and BES 10 work fine together except for ToDos and memos (I just posted something about that). People seem to think we need to wait until Domino 9 comes out. I hope not.

BDS and Traveler should be on different servers. (Traveler and BES 5 can be on the same server)

Make sure you have Traveler working fully in your environment first, with a valid SSL certificate. 

My config is the following:
Servername: yyy.zzz..com/servlet/traveler
(everything else default)

Then on each user as you add them

Account name: Lotus Web Mail username

Emailaddress: Email Address

Domain: Blank

Username: Lotus Web Mail username

On the plus side is this enironment can supposedly support 10 times as many users as a single BES install.

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Okay, figured out the source of the Traveler 9 and BB10. Traveler 9 is required to get full Traveler support without BES10.

Source: http://blog.easi.net/p-Mobile_Mobile_and_traveler_9-IBM_Lotus-c--p-202.html

But Traveler only configs works fine now on 8.5.3, you can't set Traveler policies but when you add the account the Blackberry turns on some basic policies like work passwords.

And BDS and Traveler are working pretty good.

I'm using it on a Playbook and I tested out a Dev Alpha device last week with it. Both of those are now on my BDS server though and work pretty good there too. (Minus Memons and ToDos, maybe Traveler 9 will fix it)

To get a Traveler only config going on a Playbook or Z10:

Create an Advanced Exchange account.

Servername is the address of the Traveler server : yyy.zzz.com/servlet/traveler

No Domain,

Username and password the same as webmail.

Once Traveler 9 is out there will probably be an official method.

Highlighted
Contributor

We have the Traveler running and Domino is also listening on port 8642 (ActiveSync) which is used for the BDS connection. Also on BES side the email profile is correctly filled out with servername.domain.com/servlet/traveler - though we are unable to see BDS making any connection to the Traveler nor can I activate any device therefore. I am able to make a telnet session on 8642 which proves that the connection would be there. What am I still missing ?
Contributor

Dear BES10 contributors, somehow the BDS is still not able to connect properly to the Traveler. I crawled through the web to find any related information available but with not much luck with this issue. I also have a case open with BlackBerry TechSupport but haven't received any feedback on it. Would anyone be able to assist me with their knowledge ? Thanks a lot !
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

We are also running Domino/Traveler 8.5.3.3 and have got them mostly working.  The key issue that was stopping ours from working turns out to be how the email profile is applied to the user.  Took a call into RIM to find the answer:  

On the user's record, go to the Email Profiles tab

Set the "Override Microsoft Active Directory Settings to Yes (Default is No)

Erase the Domain field  (Normally it will default to the domain of the server's FQHN)

Save and Close

According to the RIM tech I talked with, because it is logging into Domino and not AD the way it would with an Exchange server, the Domain field is not used and needs to be erased.

Also,  if you are using the Traveler setting of "Prohibit devices incapable of security enablement", you will need to disable it on the Windows Mobile tab or the device will not be allowed to setup a Traveler document.

I get my mail now, but some features are still having problems.  Notably meeting invitations/replies are not syncing up properly.

posted by DigitalFrog
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Any further developments on this. I am in a black hole with this at the moment making no progress.

- BDS set up on a new 2008 R2 VM

- Lotus Domino 853 FP2 with Traveler enabled (has been working fine for last 6 months on my Samsung GS2)

Can successfully activate device and view from inside the webconsole on the BDS server. Received the approval request for the device to access through Traveler and allowed this.

As a previous user has said, can telnet to the server from the BDS server so this proves connectiveity yet when looking at the server console in Domino there is no activity and no mail coming to the device. Device is also constantly shown in disconnected state on the messaging tab in Domino but I'd image this is because the email profile on the BDS is set for sync every 5 mins whereas my GS2 is constantly in connected state.

Any ideas? I really wish BB had put together some corporate documentation/walkthrough for this procedure. Considering this could be their final handset releases you'd think they'd have covered all bases - especially the corporate sector.

Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

I was able to install BDS without any issues. Do we now need to install Domino in the BES Server as we used to in BES 5.0? If I am not wrong, we did not need to have Lotus Traveller for BB devices to connect to Domino mail server, as it was connecting directly to the mail box and pulling the mails. How does it work with BB10? Can somebody please guide how to go ahead after BDS installation or any documents?