Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

BES 10 install fails to connect to SQL DB

I have the "guide" aka walk through on install. I did not run the cfg files. I installed SQL express 2008 w/ tools (studio management). This also failed when BES 10 tried to install its own sql express version.

The BES service account is local admin, also a sysadmin in sql. Using static port 1433 w/ windows authentication.

Error during BDS sql install is, an attempt to connect the database was unsuccessful. for more info check logs. Well the logs don't say much for this specific error unless I'm looking in the completely wrong spot. 

Regular Contributor

Re: BES 10 install fails to connect to SQL DB

[ Edited ]

tried to use SA to create BDSMgmt and still failes. I shuold also state this is a local SQL 2008 express install as our big SQL environment is still on 2005.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Hi northvibe,

I had a similar issue and solved it by enabling port 1433 in the SQL Server Settings.

In our environment we are using SQL Express on the BES 10 Server

All Programs->Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2->Configuration Tools->SQL Server Configuration Manager

SQL Server Network Configuration

Set Named Pipes and TCP/IP to enabled and in the TCP/IP settings in the Tab IP Addresses add 1433 in the TCP Port Field.

Restart the SQL service afterwards. And try your installation again.

Hope this helps

Regards,

hape

Regular Contributor

bb10 v1.PNG

bb10 v2.PNG

Which "port" spot did you put the 1433? for all or the one with the IP? Thank you!

Regular Contributor

I did as Hape said and put 1433 at the bottom of the IPALL and it worked...that was such a frustruating issue. WHY!?!?!?!