Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: TMUK

Re: BES 10 setup help for a Bb newbie

Perhaps...

My (basic) understanding of the activation process is as follows:

• The device is connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile network and uses this connection to reach Blackberry's service (Infrastructure)
  • The infrastructure checks to ensure that the Blackberry device has the correct level of service to perform the activity it's trying to (In this case a connection to a BES).  On my carrier in the UK, all Z10's are automatically provisioned for the correct level of service, so the SIM doesn't need to be activated for BES etc... I guess this is why I was asking to check BBM since for me, if I couldn't get to BBM, I may have other problems....
  • If it's not provisioned correctly, the infrastructure may drop the request, or you may get some kind of provisining error...
  • If it's provisioned correctly, the infrastructure routes the activation request to the correct BES using the SRP ID information you filled into the Server field
  • The request gets routed to the BES correctly because it's already connected to the other 'end' of RIMs infrastructure (confirmed by the BAS showing SRP status connected)

Perhaps your carrier needs to activate BES 10 on your SIM so that the device can be provisioned correctly? If the BES is definitely connected, then the only other loose end is the device's connection tor Blackberry....

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

bboisvert wrote:

I wasn't signed up for BBM, so I did that and it seems to work.  Don't really know for sure as I don't have a need to use BBM.  However, I still get "The server couldn't be contacted." when setting up Work email to BES10.

We have a working BES4 system that I had an account on until about an hour ago.  I've replaced my Bb Bold with a Z10.  Could that transition be causing problems back at the Blackberry mothership?

i used my Torch SIM, cut it and put into my Z10 with out issue.

I do need to get dataplan changed to LTE though as mine is just 4g

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Verizon

So, I was able to login to the Bb Dashboard website and see what's going on.

====SNIP=====================================================
Enterprise Activation: Ready

PIN: 333XXXXX

Activation Method: Over the Air

User ID: <user>@<domain.com>

Provisioning: Provisioned correctly

Registration Information: User ID has successfully registered (registration information expires on 16/04/2013)

S663XXXXX: Connected

Next Steps:
1. Remember to add the user to BlackBerry server before attempting enterprise activation.
2. Set and communicate the enterprise activation password and instructions to the user.

Previous Activation Results

Note:We found an enterprise activation for the User ID which was completed on 12/04/2013.
This activation result does not impact this or future activation attempts.

Error encountered during previous activation:
The BlackBerry Device Service was unable to contact the activation server.
How to resolve this:
Please ensure the User ID and password is being entered correctly on the device. After five invalid attempts, you will need to create a new Enterprise Activation password.
====/snip========================================================

I've retyped the user, password and server several times.  I've even reissued new passwords a few times.  No luck.  I know that the server is talking to the SRP because when I reset the password with a longer expiration, the Bb Dashboard reflects that change.

I have 20 days remaining on my BES10 trial.  Is there a number that I can call for direct support from Blackberry?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes there is a number you can call

Register through the BlackBerry® Enterprise Support Center Express login page.

Submit your request for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 support electronically.
You have 30 days to use your support.

Receive your ticket number automatically and immediately.

Claim your support* by calling into BlackBerry Technical Support using your
ticket number. (1-877-255-2377).

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V